Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Spot reduce

paleohoe

[FONT=&quot]Okay i've heard you can't spot reduce an area. that being said then why do crunches & such work on abs? why do walking lunges shrink my behind & thighs? why do bicep curls tone my biceps? okay & lastly why do tricep dips tone under my arms? aren't those all forms of spot reducing? or am i missing what is meant by the term 'spot reduce?'[/FONT]

isolation exercises as you describe target the breakdown of muscle fibers in those particular muscles. but it does NOTHING for actually burning the fat in those spots

i argue this with people all the time who think you 'burn fat' while exercising. you do not. you can blow through glycogen stores faster from exercise yes, but no exercise does not directly burn fat as personal trainers want you to think. that is why you always see a meathead with a fat person at the gym and they make zero progress. the fat person thinks if he does what the meathead does he will get the meatheads body, it does not work like that!

[FONT=&quot]Okay i've heard you can't spot reduce an area. that being said then why do crunches & such work on abs? why do walking lunges shrink my behind & thighs? why do bicep curls tone my biceps? okay & lastly why do tricep dips tone under my arms? aren't those all forms of spot reducing? or am i missing what is meant by the term 'spot reduce?'[/FONT]
None of those things burn fat in those areas. You may build the muscle in that area but fat loss comes from diet, burning more calories than you take in, etc

Your supposition is not correct, and has no scientific evidence behind it. If you work specific muscles, they get bigger. This does not target fat. This is not possible, and stevesmi is entirely correct.

Top Bottom