Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak

Deads are my ego lift. :) Of course, I was doing it all wrong, so now that I'm older and wiser - LOL - it's time to learn how to do deads the right way. Of course, I'm not that much wiser since I had to be shamed into correcting my form. :)

Oh, and 2Shy, by plates on the bar I meant real plates - 135 lbs. Once you get the hang of the form, I have a feeling you'll be cruising on a "how much weight can I squat" quest.

2Shy said:
Spatts, I've never done a Good Morning, so I don't know how to Good Morning a bar. :( As it is, I do think that even the bar was too much for me now.

I don't know what your 'weak links' are, but you may find it easier to do good mornings than to squat. I did.

I wanted to 'amen' that post. I started doing good mornings, pull-throughs and standing ab work a couple of months ago and they've really made a difference.

fitmedic said:
makedah, made a difference in what?? what are pull thru's??

Pull throughs are an exercise that cause a lot of stares in the health club. :D

Spatts is right. I'm sure the gms and pull-throughs made a difference in my deadlift too, but because I haven't had trouble with deads I notice it more in the squat.

Wow, Spatts, thanks for all the great info! I copied it to my hard drive so I don't lose it.

Am I reading the first example correctly? You round your back?

I am going to have to tear the Y apart and look for a box--not only for squats, but for the seated GM. :eek: WRT must have been thinking of me when they mentioned big stomachs.

With all the help and encouragement I've received from everybody here, I feel like I have a zillion workout buddies.

~Shy (working on those 900 back extensions)

Top Bottom