Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Soynut Butter verses Almond Butter

toots13

I haven't picked up my almond butter yet. I have been using Trader Joe's soynut butter. 2 Tbsp 170 calories, 11 fat gm, 1.5 sat fat, 10 carb, fiber 2 gm, 3 gm sugar, 7 gm protien. I glanced at my friends almond butter & I think the label had per 2 tbsp 190 cal, 19 fat gms, don't know about carbs, fiber, but it did have 2 gms sugar. Her almond butter was from Wild Oats. I just am wondering if my soynut butter is really that bad? I don't mind using the almond butter, I hear it's yummy, but I just want to ask what the difference was? Any info would be great! Thanks! :qt:
Toots13 :rose:

Well, I know soynut butter is a savior for those allergic to nuts..... I guess it depends on how you feel about soy -- some say it's good for you, some don't.....

I really like the soynut butter and can't do PB. Even though I looove peanuts & peanut butter, my tummy does not. I just wondered if almond butter, nutritional wise was a better choice. Above, Shadow? You have soynut butter? What do you think of it.
Toots13

toots13 said:
I really like the soynut butter and can't do PB. Even though I looove peanuts & peanut butter, my tummy does not. I just wondered if almond butter, nutritional wise was a better choice. Above, Shadow? You have soynut butter? What do you think of it.
Toots13

What does the soynut butter label say as far as Fats?? What are the grams of Saturated, Poly & Mono-unsaturated fats??

My TJ's Crunchy Almond Butter has: 18g fat -- 1g sat, 11g mono, 3g poly -- all of which are good fats

Thank you Bunny, I'll go to the site. :) Jenscat, the label reads 11gms of fat, it shows 1.5 sat. fat and that is all for fat it lists, for 2 tbsp. I was thinking that since it only had 1.5 sat., it was a good nut butter???????Toots13

toots13 said:
Thank you Bunny, I'll go to the site. :) Jenscat, the label reads 11gms of fat, it shows 1.5 sat. fat and that is all for fat it lists, for 2 tbsp. I was thinking that since it only had 1.5 sat., it was a good nut butter???????Toots13

Oh, I hate when they only list the sat fat!! But, yes, if the total fat is 11g & 1.5 of it is sat then the rest is mono &/or poly unsaturated fat.... so yes, it'd be healthy.....

I've heard some things about soy being healthy/unhealthy, so it depends on how you personally feel about it....

Top Bottom