Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Soy Milk vs Dairy Milk

tripleV

I drink regular skim milk in my shakes. I notice alot of you use soy milk instead.

What are the benefits etc? I have never used soy and don't know much about it. Why do you ladies prefer it? Taste, nutritional value, other?

Thanks

yeah.... i gave into the idea that its hard to get lean on dairy... not sure if its true or not, but i've gotten a lot leaner since i've taken it out (mind you there were a lot of changes made to my diet around the same time, so this is a combo effect)

two things i do know

1) diets high in soy are linked to the near absense of menopause in oriental cultures (they don't have a word for menopause in many oritental languages since it happens so rarely)

2) after taking milk (dairy) out of my diet, it has been really hard to get it back in... (bloating, stomach cramps ect). i think, absence of dairy makes one slightly lactose intolerant... it will take me awhile to ease it back into my diet once i decide to do this...

:idea: :sick:

(hehe - tasted it once, i'll pass, but i felt the same way about soy initally... i just use it in my shakes... still drink dairy, just in very small amounts (like after eating a real spicy/hot meal i'll have a small shooter glass of milk :) )

so do you take your soy milk just like a normal glass of milk or do you just use it for your shakes?

i just bought some to try it and i've been told the taste is terrible... can i mix it with something?

soy in shakes only...not a big fan of taste... but its been awhile since i even tried to taste it on its own... its NOT milk... i LOVE the taste of a nice cold glass of milk... miss it lots

I'm a soy convert also. I switched off of dairy about a year ago and totally agree with phem. I think its much easier to get/stay lean on soy, and soy isoflavins have been proven to affect hormonal shifts in women. I have found that my periods have become less uncomfortable since I converted. Phems point about its relationship to menopause is interesting as well. Vanilla soy makes a kickass latte too. I usually chug a big one down 1/2 hour or so before morning cardio...only way I can get motivated to get out of bed !

regular vanilla soy is pretty close to 2% milk in sugars. little less. lite vanilla soy is equal to or less than skim i believe.

Top Bottom