Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Something that's bugging me.

cher36

I want to be able to do as heavy as possible with the squats and lunges, but am having difficulty with the weight being too much for my upper body..as in lifting it over my head, and it hurting the crap outta my shoulders. I don't go to a gym(yet) so i don't have access to a smith machine (i hope thats what it's called)? What do ya do????
Thankee! :)

I work out at a gym, I don't use a smith machine, I use the squat rack. Can someone help you with the weight up over your head, or can you set up somewhere, where you can walk under the bar and rest it on your shoulders?

You need to be able to squat heavier that 35 lbs to gain muscle.

For lunges you can carry weights (DBs) with you. Otherwise if you want the bar, you should get a squat rack and a bar set up. Its sort of hard to go real heavy w/o the apparatus.

Sassy69 said:
For lunges you can carry weights (DBs) with you. Otherwise if you want the bar, you should get a squat rack and a bar set up. Its sort of hard to go real heavy w/o the apparatus.

It is also important for safety. If you inadvertently, make that bar to heavy and you feel like you are about to tip over, it is nice having those bars on the side to put that bar on. Hasn't happened to me yet, but it is nice knowing those bars are there.

What do u do to prevent the bar from hurting your shoulders? It bothered me and made it harder to concentrate.

cher36 said:
What do u do to prevent the bar from hurting your shoulders? It bothered me and made it harder to concentrate.

It's probably hurting you, cause you have to put so much energy into lfting it over your head to get it up and rest on your shoulders. It should not be hurting your shoulders if you were putting it up properly with a rack, not with the weight you're doing anyway.

cher36 said:

I'll leave that up to the more experienced members. I don't have any issues with my shoudlers. When I squat I can feel my traps holding the bar and getting a little mini-workout supporting that thing, which is why I'm glad I'm doing shrugs and other back excercises.

when you squat or lunge with a bar...sit it up high on the traps...shrug upwards and the bar will sit there nicely...

The downside to having large traps is that the strap on my gym bag keeps sliding off....

maybe I just need W I D E R delts.

The Shadow said:
when you squat or lunge with a bar...sit it up high on the traps...shrug upwards and the bar will sit there nicely...

The downside to having large traps is that the strap on my gym bag keeps sliding off....

maybe I just need W I D E R delts.
***worthless without pics***

Top Bottom