Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

social media insecurities in fitness

mactats

I've been on social media for years and like to post up fitness memes and pictures really to track my progress but I've had some people recently tell me the only reason I am posting pics on facebook and instagram is to get attention from men. the kicker is the person saying most of this is the guy I am in a relationship with in the first place! thoughts?

mobster brings up a good point.

however to many social media is their life. i mean you can look up anyones social media these days and learn everything about them. especially the under 30 crowd. that is something us older folk do not understand but it is the truth. employers will actually look up peoples credit scores and social media these days before hiring them. example: what if you posted a racist joke on social media 6 years ago and you get hired and then it comes to light afterwards? guess what? you will probably get fired for it. so my advice is stay the hell off social media

Steve is absolutely right. I do hire people every year and a thorough check of social media is always done. People are good at faking in an interview but check their social media and you see who they really are. The only reason to post fitness pictures of yourself is either for attention or if you are a trainer looking for clients.

Truth is most that post pictures to social media are just out for attention. It's easy to track progress without it. I take progress pictures often, but they stay on my phone. They dont get shared. They are timestamped right when you take them. Then I track my workouts on a notepad. I literally have every workout for the last 12 years on paper

Social media and fitness can be a real mix, huh? Posting progress pics and memes is a way to stay on track. But when folks start reading into it, it gets complicated.

Social media and fitness can be a real mix, huh? Posting progress pics and memes is a way to stay on track. But when folks start reading into it, it gets complicated.
Sounds like you're getting a dose of social media drama, especially from your own partner. Relationships can be a maze, no doubt. My take? Keep doing what feels right for you. Sometimes, people read too much into things. And hey, if you're lookin' for a new social platform vibe, check out Twitch. It's all about twitch followers instant delivery – it might be a fun twist.

Top Bottom