Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So get this ... I BROKE my damn foot!

Damn woman, well at least we know you don't do anything half-assed! lol.

I'm so sorry, hopefully is will heal quickly :rose:

Daisy_Girl said:
37 4th grade students ....... maybe my injury will help them behave :)

It will if you tell them that you broke it kicking a 4th grader's butt while practicing to return to the classroom...

;)

Daisy_Girl said:
I slipped off a curb yesterday (damn sandles!) after I put my little one in the car. My right ankle twisted and the outside side of my foot hit the ground. I heard a little pop, and felt pain. Ooooo, it hurt, but I felt like it was just a little twisted.

I drove to meet a friend for lunch, and it HURT to drive, everytime I lifted my foot or pressed on the gas. I thought that was odd, but whatever. When I got to the restaurant, it was swollen, but nothing crazy. Then, it kept going all through lunch - by the end of lunch I had a lump on the side of my foot the size of an EGG. My friend insisted she take my to an Urgent Care.

Since I couldn't put weight on it, I decided to go. While we waited to see the doctor, my foot just kept swelling and swelling. It was freaking HYUGE. Doc took one look at it, tried to turn it side to side (ouch!) and sent me to x-ray. YUP, I fractured my foot - broke a bone right at the growth plate.

They put this velcro shoe thing on me and are referring me to an orthopedic surgeon. I will need a cast, possibly surgery (although unlikely). I am supposed to stay prone, keep it elevated and iced. I can barely put weight on it, and it hurts like a crazy mo-fo. Plus side, I get to take pain medication again! :) Lortabs make DG feel fuuuunnnnnnyyy! :cyclops: This is actually more painful then giving birth!

lmao, the doctor also wants me out of work for 1-2 weeks ... I am supposed to go back to work after my 10 week maternity leave on MONDAY. Seems like a dream come true, but I cannot be out of work any longer - my classroom is already nuts and my parents are CHOMPING at the bit to get me back in there. *sigh*

So I hope to see the Ortho today or tomorrow, get the cast and crutches so I can work w/o putting weight on it. I cannot use the crutches at home - hard to hold a baby w them!

JUST when I was trying to get back into working out .... now I have to deal with this for at least 6 more weeks. I guess I can keep my diet in check, but very little working out for me. :(

Who does this happen to? Only me, lol!

Oh shit, sorry to hear this, amiga! :( :( I broke my ankle 5 years ago and can relate to how hard it sucks to be on crutches for weeks.

Been very incommunicado for a week, sorry ladies. :) Thanks for thinking about me. :heart:

Foot hurts off and on ..... but I do not wear my cast like I should. It is big and cluncky and I hate it. Have a doctor appt Monday, so we will see what he says. I will update and let you know what happens.

To top it off, I got a cold this week AND my grandfather died. We weren't real close, but it still is hard to think about. My heart hurts for my dad - losing a parent is hard and I know it is tough for him.

Highlight though - my step mom came to town to stay with us for about 5 days. Ahhh, help with my little one, it is wonderful.

Top Bottom