Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

smoking and weight gain

Ladymulder

I'm a 27 year old female who stopped smoking and gained 10 pounds in the last 2 months, I'm eating more since I stopped smoking but not that much to gain 10 pounds in 2 months, what can I do, when I was a smoker I was nice and skinny.

that is normal. when you smoke it ruins your taste buds and appetite. smoking becomes your crutch vs. stuffing your mouth with snacks.

my recommendation is swap to chewing gum, that will help keep something in your mouth without adding calories to your stomach

DO NOT go back to smoking..

The active ingredient in cigarettes, nicotine, is a very strong appetite suppressant. That's why you often see models smoke to stay thin.

You will be WAY better off in the long run by quitting smoking. Here are some natural tips to cut your appetite -
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]1. Hot drinks help immensely with hunger. Especially green tea. [/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]2. Carbonated drinks add volume to your stomach and make you feel full. I drink perrier constantly when pre-contest dieting. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]3. Stay busy. If you are constantly occupied you won't noticed how hungry you are. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]4. Mindfully eat. Don't eat while on the computer or infront of the television. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]5. Caffeine greatly cuts appetite -> be careful with this one. Too much caffeine will burn out your adrenal glands and raise cortisol levels[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]6. Supplement with 10g psyllium husk before bed. Psyllium husk is a soluble fibre and gels up in your stomach, leading to an increased feeling of satiety. [/FONT]

The guys are correct. You might also argue that the ingredients in tobacco are mildly stimulating but, as has been said, it's the combination of less of that and substituting food and snacks (plus possibly less activity) that equates to weight gain. It's a thin (pun intended) excuse to smoke again.

Smoking only boosts metabolism slightly. Do not use quitting as an excuse for gaining weight. It is not the quitting but the overeating that is causing the weight gain. Over time it will get better as you will lose the food cravings and the necessity to have something in your mouth.

Top Bottom