Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sleep

~Enuf~

So, For the past 3 months I have not been able to sleep any longer than 4 shours straight. Every night I go to bed, get upe about 2 hours later and have insomnmia for about an hour. ( It's usually during this time I have a little bit of a protein based snack to help mne get back to bed)Then once I go to bed I am able to sleep for 4 hours then I get up pretty tired.
I know that my workout would improve, so would my strength if I could get better quality sleep adn perhaps a little more of it..
Has anyone had anything similar, and if so, how did you get over it?
I really don't want to take any pharmacutical drugs to help me sleep.

A few possibilities:
1) are your carbs low consistently or a lot lower than what you're used to?
2) are you working out very intensively at night? for a while, when I did spinning in the evening, I had trouble falling asleep.
3) are you taking new supplements/fat burners?

Roonytunes said:
A few possibilities:
1) are your carbs low consistently or a lot lower than what you're used to?
2) are you working out very intensively at night? for a while, when I did spinning in the evening, I had trouble falling asleep.
3) are you taking new supplements/fat burners?

My carbs have been the same for awhile, they are about 50- 60 % of my daily intake.
I workout in the morning, and stop any supplements before 5 pm.
throught he day I may have a DECAF coffee or teo, but I try and limit my caffiene intake.

Have you always had trouble sleeping or it only started last 4 months? What changed?

I sometimes go thru phases where I don't sleep well - usually related to somethign that is on my mind. However I find that your standard Nytol / diphenhydromine HCl works pretty well.

Roonytunes said:
2) are you working out very intensively at night?

Really intense training can cause insomnia even performed far from bedtime. As I recall elevated cortisol levels are to blame, and can stay high for several hours if the workout were sufficiently intense.

my observations:

1/ you could be overtrained

2/ review the amount of stress in your life (work, family, etc.)

3/ review your diet in case it is too low on carbs and/or fat

4/ is it time to buy a new matress?

Too much training coupled with different emotions such as stress and excitement often leads to insomnia.

I also experience not being able to sleep well when I'm so excited or stressed out. :p :Perk:

I have had trouble sleeping at times as well....

I presently take ZMA and I get a deeper sleep with it...versus waking up in the middle of the night.... I now sleep through the night

What has also helped me in the past is valerian root and HTP5

Another thing that has helped me a lot lately is melatonin - BUT normally when I've used the typical 3mg tab of melatonin I fall asleep then have have about 3 hrs of really weird vivid dreams and then spend the rest of the nite staring at the ceiling. So I started splitting the tabs in half - so basically the std dosage was too much for me but I sleep really well these days. Melatonin is also one of those supps that is considered one of the great anti-aging supps. (I can dig up some refs on this if you want but you can usually find refs in a google on it.) But the big issue for me was the dosage - so splitting it has really worked well.

Zma? What is that ?
I think I may try the melatoini, I am still waking up consistently 2 hours after I go to bed, staying up for an hour then falling asleep for another 3. I'm just not able to sleep past 3 hours it seems which I eventually will need to, I'm sure..lol

Top Bottom