Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Skinny legs

littlepuma

So I have been working out for about 4 years and lifting for 2-3. I have such a hard time building muscle on my legs, mostly due to the fact that they are long. Any suggestions on how I could gain muscle mass in my legs?

Squat 5 sets start at 15 reps and go down by 2 while increasing weight.
Lunges 4x10
Leg extension (do the same as squats)
Leg curls (same as squats)
Straight leg deadlift
Over head squats 5x12
Side split squats 4x10
Leg press 4x15
Hip abduction
Hip addiction
Calves

None of this is in any particular order and I don't normally do all of this on one day

you do cardio too?
drop the leg extensions...theyre fricken absolutely horrible for your knees

one. make sure youre eating enough cals to support muscle growth (this is gonna be over your maint cals)
two. try upping your weights on all of your exercises and lowering the reps...too light of weight for a ton of reps actually gets into cardio type muscle twitch category which isn't beneficial for building big muscle
three. if youre doing a lot of cardio drop some of it..cardio can be catabolic as hell to muscle ...if youre doing steady state cardio unless you want it for stress relief drop it all together and pick up tabata or HIIT style cardio instead..in example google marathon runner physique vs sprinter physique
four....well I had a four and forgot...I'll get back to ya..haha

Agree completely. You're doing more of a tone base workout (high rep/low weight)...to build you need to do low rep high weight...also carb timing. I'd add oats to my protein shake before a workout and after a workout I'd have a simple carb to replenish my glycogen stores quickly...

It takes time to get all this stuff down. Bulking isn't as easy for everyone as people make it seem

Thats a lot of exercises bro(ette).

I'd stick to squats, leg press, lunges, leg curls, stiff deads.

Shirlenes idea on the HIIT will thicken ur legs and calves big time too.

edit: noticed I'm in women's forum. added ette :)

Last edited:
I thought hypertrophy builds more muscle than low reps? For most people legs respond better to higher reps

...it's common practice to do low reps high weight to gain. Low weight high reps tones. Some muscle building, but mostly toning.

...it's common practice to do low reps high weight to gain. Low weight high reps tones. Some muscle building, but mostly toning.

Low weight? Max effort is max effort. It comes down to If your stimulating hypertrophy or not. You can lift were failure is a max of 15 reps and not use "low weight"

Top Bottom