Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Skin care question

Hey ladies..

So I used to have wonderful skin, then I decided to go back on birth control (Yaz.. yes I know, I know worst choice Dr. reccommended it).. Well this stupid birth control managed to make me have the WORST breakouts that I've ever expierenced in my life with the most painful cystic acne I've ever even knew existed... I am so frustrated with this, I have tried Panoxyl, Pro-Active, USANA, Clearasil, Clean-and-Clear, St. Ives, Aveno, OXY, Aleo Vera, and just not putting ANYTHING on my face.. I have even stopped putting cover up on my face to see if this might actually help.. nothing, if anything I am way more self concious and everyrhing. I am very diligent with taking my daily vitamins, and drinking at least 4 liters of water everyday. I dono..

Any tips.. might try the olive-oil trick see if it helps :(

I have never had cycstic acne only minor break outs hear and there when that happens I find tea tree oil products work best from the body shop. I have a gf that swears by cytophil she has had cycstic acne. She believes cytophil works because it is so mild and all the other products are hard and just worsen the problem it has worked for her so I suggest you give it a try.

Yeah, whatever happened to jojoba? It was HUGE in the 80s. I'm blessed with good skin, but I do get the occassional pimple - usually where I rest it on my hand. I agree with a lot here.

-lots of water
-lots of GREEN veggies and supplements like green barley- completely annialated my acne in 8th grade when my mom used to sell the stuff
-only light cleanse in the morning to not dry out
-hitting 40 I mask/exfoliate at least every other day. I even add sugar to a smooth wet mask to help scrub it off and exfoliate when the mask is just smooth w/o granules.
-moisturize with stuff that has Vitamin E &/or retinol.
:qt:

Drink plenty of water and fresh juices. These keep you hydrated. Avoid junk, processed and canned foods. Add fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts to your diet. These have natural nutrients which keeps your skin & body healthy.

I've tried many a product and medicine including roacutane and birth control (depo was worst decision) and have found that Dermalogica products work the best for me. I love active moist, non oily moisturiser and skin prep scrub once a week to get rid of dead skin. If I use a scrub too often it irritates my skin so the 1x p/w is a perfect fit for me.

I've treated acne cysts with roacutane then had steroid injections to flatten them but still have scarring 5 years later :(

Can't go past Palmers cocoa butter for body lotion / body wash. I love smelling like chocolate :qt:

Spectro moisturizer, and a daily scrub works for me. The only time I get some little bumps ( not even pimples, just teeny bumps) are around "that time", and honestly short of yanking out my ovaries I have no solution for that. Hormones are hormones, they will do what they will.

follow this info:

Nowadays a powerful hydrating cream doesn’t have to be heavy or oily – in fact the reverse is true. The best creams work their magic through careful formulation rather than an excess of oil or grease!
A long lasting cream will have ingredients like glycerin, hyaluronic acid, petrolatum or dimethicone which ensure continual delivery of moisture to your skin.
Some moisture creams have added ingredients as well – or broad spectrum sunscreens if you want that – but it’s not essential. As a first step to youthful skin it’s the moisture that matters most.

Restoring Hydration to the Skin with Moisturizing Creams for a Healthy Appearance

If we look back in the past, it is fairly obvious that people care about their skin. And why shouldn't we be? As the largest organ of the body, the epidermis (the scientific name for skin) serves an extremely important role of holding the body's water in while keeping foreign material outside. It is capable of this by having a sheltering layer of fat cells that cover the skin and protect the top layer of skin. As we participate in our daily lives, the normal activities will often peel our skin of this protective layer. This is why the skin can benefit from the application of a moisturizing cream occasionally. The skin's natural state can be restored by the application of moisturizers.

The epidermis, dermis in the middle, and hypodermis are the three main layers that the skin is made of. It has nerves and blood vessels that move oxygen and nutrients to all other parts of the body. The epidermis has hair follicles, sweat glands, and sebaceous glands. The gland produces an oil like substance that secretes to shield the upper layer of skin. Acne occurs when an excess of oil is produced by the sebaceous glands.

The promise to do anything from returning your skin's natural moisture to vanishing wrinkles is offered by a number of different moisturizers. If your skin can truly get better from the use of a product like this, wouldn't it be in your best interest to pick out the best one that works with your skin type? Is there actually a difference in all these different products? Isn't the same thing generally achieved with them all? That would be the way it is if all of our skin types were the same. Unfortunately, the epidermis is a complicated body part that has special properties that are unique to all of us. So when it comes to treating our own special skin conditions, one certain kind of moisturizer can definitely be more effective. A good knowledge of what goes in all these products is the key to choosing the type of moisturizing cream that best adheres to your skin type.

The stratum corneum is the layer of skin just below the top layer of fat that covers the top layer of skin. These are cornified cells that are produced at the base level of skin and act as a constant guard for our bodies by blocking foreign materials. It does this by regularly producing fresh cells and pushing them to the top and out the skin similar to [a sea current that churns things back to shore. Unwanted material attaches to the cornified cells and they flush themselves out.

Most moisturizing creams are a mixture of oil and water soluble parts called an emulsion. More modern advances are the addition of vesicles, tiny bubbles made of biological elements. These components are helpful in restoring the skin's shielding layer and also transport active ingredients inside the cells. The correct use of moisturizing creams is critical for consumers with skin disease. Improper use of a product could lead to a worsening of the condition.

Moisturizing products claim that they can restore the skin but there is not a very clear definition of exactly what skin dryness is. Itchiness, stinging, pain, and a rough surface may all be symptoms of dry skin. You may also be able to see redness. More severe cases include rough, white patches on the skin that is flaky or cracked in appearance. A skin doctor named Pierard stated, "Dry skin is not a unique, well defined disorder but represents a series of completely unrelated changes in the framework of the stratum corneum associated." In other words, the skin can dry out by the environment around you in a variety of different ways.

Moisturizers are mixtures of chemicals that make the outer levels of skin softer and more pliant by restoring the body's regular level of moisture. They do this by implementing a number of substances such as oils, humectants, emollients, lubricants, and fragrances to compose a finished product. These ingredients help our skin not only to restore the body's natural hydration level, but can have many other benefits as well. One is that a moisturizing cream can build a protective layer against losing water the skin experiences while this shielding layer gives the skin a period to heal itself. When the environment damages the skin and makes it dry, restoring hydration to the skin can retard the signs of aging and help heal wrinkles and marks on the skin surface.

Companies over the years have made bold claims on what their moisturizing products can do if applied on a normal basis, but having a knowledge the skin and the environmental effects around us is knowing that often these extravagant claims are just not possible. There are a multitude of products out there that are more efficient than their competitors, but your unique skin type is the most important factor when considering which is the best moisturizing cream to use on your face and body.

I take baths with baby oil a couple times a week. Then I lube up with any kind of lotion after my showers. I am prone to acne on my face and use proactiv.
I wish I had a bathtub! It's been months now and I'm soooo craving a bubble bath.

Hey ladies..

So I used to have wonderful skin, then I decided to go back on birth control (Yaz.. yes I know, I know worst choice Dr. reccommended it).. Well this stupid birth control managed to make me have the WORST breakouts that I've ever expierenced in my life with the most painful cystic acne I've ever even knew existed... I am so frustrated with this, I have tried Panoxyl, Pro-Active, USANA, Clearasil, Clean-and-Clear, St. Ives, Aveno, OXY, Aleo Vera, and just not putting ANYTHING on my face.. I have even stopped putting cover up on my face to see if this might actually help.. nothing, if anything I am way more self concious and everyrhing. I am very diligent with taking my daily vitamins, and drinking at least 4 liters of water everyday. I dono..

Any tips.. might try the olive-oil trick see if it helps
Hey sara.. My doctor also recommended Yaz birth control... but he recommended that specific kind of birth control because I was having bad 'hormonal' acne for about a year before. After 4 months on Yaz my skin had remained the same and gone through some breakouts then all of a sudden it was cured. So how long have you been on it for? If it's been awhile then you should definitely go off of it... people react to that stuff differently. Try Alesse. It's one of the lighter ones. Or stay off birth control and try other methods altogether. Also I just read a post the other day by Radar that explains the way skin works really well.... read it: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/womens-fitness-female-bodybuilding-training/ladies-879143.html

:rose:

Sephora has some okay products. I've bought makeup from them in the past. And yeah their website is really good too. Dermalogica's Active Moist is a good light moisturizer for people with oily skin. But I think that natural remedies are best. I haven't bought any products since I started using lemons honey and cucumbers. Yogurt is also a good moisturizer. Olive oil that sounds good I think I will try that. What is the best brand for that? Is it extra virgin olive oil or does it not matter?

Top Bottom