Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

size and reps

cdp11

right now im doing about 10-12 reps per exercise. My main goal right now it to add some muscle definition and size so should i increase weight and decrease reps?

cdp11 said:
right now im doing about 10-12 reps per exercise. My main goal right now it to add some muscle definition and size so should i increase weight and decrease reps?
IMO, I'm going with yes, 6-10 is a better for adding muscle, some even will go as low as 4

The best advise I can give for somebody trying to attain more size is to train inbetween the 65-85 percentile of your 1 rm. This pretty much allows for sufficient time under tension and also enough weight to stimulate muscle growth.

This is all anecdotal of course. Different body parts respond to different rep schemes in different people. I have large triceps and really don't need to work them....when I do I usually do some light weight and high reps to pump them up with blood. Some of my past training partners can't get them to grow unless they really pound them with weight. I think it's good to try different rep schemes to find out what works best for you for hypertrophy.....Just keep in mind to stick with the rep scheme for 3 or 4 weeks to see if you have any improvement.

As you can see there are many different variables so as a general rule (not absolute) 65-85 percent should see you some results.

Top Bottom