Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

six weeks and NOTHING!!

ammilio

What am I doing wrong? I posted a few weeks back about 11 weeks till my cruise I wanted to lose 15 lbs or so...and now I have 5 weeks and I have not lost a pound!! I am so depressed...I am doing cardio lifting, my diet is...ok...not perfect but I cannot believe that I couldn't lose one freakin pound? Now I am desprate!!
What can I do?? I only have 5 weeks!! I will do anything!
Obviously I am not doing something right.
I do LOTS of cardio. Is this bad??
Please help. :bawling:

Ugh. Well I definately dont eat 6 meals a day and eat like you guys do anymore. I try to eat just regular meals and stuff. I eat lots of salad...lean meat...try to stay away from processed carbs...I couldn't really post a day because it is always different.

So is this my problem? Should I eat strict and follow a "plan for the next five weeks? What can I expect in 5 weeks? Is this enough time to do anything?

I will do ANYTHING!!!!!!
I don't know if raising my meals to 6 will do anything beens I only have 5 weeks. I could start that when I get back...but what should I do FOR NOW????
I don't want to look all squishy on my cruise...ya know?
Thank you. Any tips are appreciated.

DId you check your body fat before you started, if your eating more than 100 grms of carbs a day your gonna be awhile loosing weight, Has you clothing gotten any looser, I try not to focus so much on wieght but more on body fat and how clothing fitsd

my bf% was 25 couple months ago.
my clothes have gotten tighter...not looser.
I think Im getting fatter.
Why?

You can train your @ss off, but if your diet isn't in order, you're not going to drop bodyfat (well, there are a few exceptionally genetically gifted people out there who can ignore their diet, but most of us can't). Diet is 80% of the fat loss process; the fact you can't post up your diet says that's probably the problem.

Start a diet log - this forces you to look up all the macronutrients and kcals of everything you eat, making you more aware of what's actually going into your body. Try to keep the carbs lower and as fibrous as possible (veggies). Stay away from the sugars, and I'd even cut the dairy products for the next 5 weeks (lactose is a form of sugar).

Without knowing your diet, it's hard to tell why you seem to be getting fatter. You may be eating too few kcals for the amount of activity your doing - or you may be eating way too many kcals because you're just not aware of what exactly you're eating. I know when I first started a diet log, I had a big eye-opener on the amount of kcals I was REALLY eating and what I thought I was eating.

What JJ said.

And of course you can make some improvement in 5 weeks. I know that Atkins may not be the diet of choice on the boards but there is CKD which is similar but has a one day carb up. I would try something like this which monitors your carbs down to >20g a day except on a carb up day. I was doing the atkins mainly because I was away from the Gym for some time but since I have been back I have started the CKD and lost about 10lbs in 2 weeks time. I know most of this is water but the low carb high fat (good fats) way is working for me. There is a site that you can go to and get all the macronutrients it is called www.fitday.com. But to be able to find the problem you have to log everything. I mean everything you eat and drink. You will be amazed at what you are actually taking in or in some cases not taking in.

Cardio can be a good thing and a bad thing if you overdo it. Make sure you are taking in enough cals to support your activity.

Good luck and remeber be absoutly honest with yourself that is the only way you will succeed.

SB :D

Is there anything I can do to look better in 5 weeks?
Cut carbs, cals, etc?
Lets say I cut my cals low, eat very low carb, high protien can I lose 15 lbs in 5 weeks...some being water and the rest fat?

Cutting cals really low is probably the worst thing you can do.

It'll work a few days and then probably stop and screw up your metabolism more in the process, but the moment you eat something on that cruise it's gonna come back.

You really need to follow jj's advice. No there is no shortcut. If try something radical it will backfire on you. Diet is the key. You will lose water by lowering carbs and dropping refined foods. If you wont measure and monitor your diet then how can you possibly expect to lose fat? Best bet is to follow a diet plan and be happy with your results. Otherwise you'll make yourself crazy. PLenty of diets on this board and the diet board. Good luck.

Top Bottom