Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

six weeks and NOTHING!!

So...Im screwed?
I can low carb it...I am lifting...cut back on some cardio...*frowns*
So should I low carb every day...or have one day a week eat something high carb?????

Oops sorry. Did not see your post.
Do a diet. See results. 5 weeks?
Thanks you guys.

What will I get in 5 weeks? 5 lbs?

JJFigure said:
You can train your @ss off, but if your diet isn't in order, you're not going to drop bodyfat (well, there are a few exceptionally genetically gifted people out there who can ignore their diet, but most of us can't). Diet is 80% of the fat loss process; the fact you can't post up your diet says that's probably the problem.

I think I may be genetically gifted... as far as ignoring a diet. As long as I workout I seem to have no problem eating what I want. The only thing I have changed is trying not to eat carbs during the week after 5pm. Weekends usually are a different story. Plus I drink less soda than I used to. Other than that, I've managed to drop inches and sizes and bodyfat without much dieting. I guess I'm lucky. I think if I had to diet I would write everything I ate down or use a program like Crosstrainer to keep track of what I was eating. Keeping a workout journal helps, so I imagine a diet journal would too.

You are right!! A workout journal does help...I do not know why I thought I could get away without a food journal. Its hard to keep one of those things...I think. Does anyone else think so?

Initially it's hard, but it becomes second nature after a while. I actually log my meals in the morning, before I start eating (or before I go to bed, I plan the next day). That way I know I have all my food on hand and I stick to the plan. Oh sure, life interferes occasionally and you have to change your log, but that's just life. :)

The first week is harder because you have to look up all the numbers for the food you eat; after that, you find you tend to eat the same food most of the time, so you rarely have to crack out the USDA URL (or reference book).

BTW - here's the USDA URL you can use to look up your kcals and macronutrients:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

And here's nutri-facts, another database that might be easier for you to use:

http://www.nutri-facts.com/

*blushing*

I usually can tell you how many calories carbs fat, sugar, is in ANYTHING.

I just dont keep track of what I eat.
I used to. I was compulsive. Wish I could bring that side out again.

Thanks!!

I now keep track of everything I eat via www.fitday.com, when I didn't I thought I had a good handle on cals, fat, etc but when I started logging in what I ate I found out I was eating 2,500 cals per day & sometimes more!

Now I use fitday.com to plan my food for the next day in advance & carry a big bag to work with all of it in the bag. I eat about 1,000 cals during the day and then have 600 or 700 for dinner. Keeping a food log keeps me in check & helps me tweak my food so I get more bang for the buck.

I'm doing a 50/30/20 split of carbs, protein & fat. Sometimes I do 40/40/20 & my goal is 18% bodyfat. I think I'm at about 21% now but that's a guess. I need to have it checked at my gym, just haven't gotten around to it. Fitday makes it easy for me to keep my calories stable along with the ratios, cuz it charts it all for you right on the front page. It takes a bit to set up cuz I made a big giant list of customized foods based on the nutritional labels of the foods I eat most often.

Please don't take offense to this but:

Yesterday my sister IM'd me. She was like, "How can I lose weight in such a such a time." Just like you.

I said well, I eat 6 times a day. I have 3 regular meals, usually 3 oz of chicken, 4oz yam twice, breakfast is 3 egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal, mixed with water, then 3 protein shakes. I am very strict when I am dieting. This is what works for me(took me a long time to realize this)

Anyway, that's what I told her. She writes me back saying that she doesn't want to give up all her yummy food. So I'm like, okay well you like cheese and fatty dressings right? And she's like yeah. So I'm like, okay well why don't you try a ketogenic sort of diet(atkins). She writes me back saying how she loves her pasta too much.I told her that I can't help her then.

Now enough of my babbling. Here is the point. The ladies are telling you what will work. You can chose to follow it or not. There is no magic pill. At bare minimum if you do the RIGHT thing for 5 weeks you may see a 5 pound loss. You may see a 10 pound loss if you are lucky.

I can guarantee you something though. When you go on your cruise no one is going to run over to your with a scale and ask you to get on. So weight means nothing. This took me awhile to realize. If you eat CLEAN for 5 weeks straight, you will see results. Maybe not on the scale, but definetly in your clothes and most importantlly in the mirror.

Another thing to remember is, this is all temporary. You want to look a certain way for an event right? 5 weeks of eating clean may get you there. Then if you are happy with the results you can include a cheat meal here or there.

You have been armed with kudos of info from the most intelligent women(I'm not talking about me) on the planet. Now pick one of their suggestions and get busy!!!!

Top Bottom