Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Signs and symptoms of period but no period??

SteelWeaver

Spatts, I know you can answer this one (sorry, I know you said it somewhere): do you get PMS and bloating, weight gain and grumpiness and all that, but just no blood?

Is that how it works? Or just nothing? Mine's late, but I've got all the signs ...

Steel - what is your body fat right now? Aunt Flo didn't come to visit after I got below 11%, but she sent all her baggage.

Is amennorhea the right word? (I know it ain't spelled right...)

yep sassy Amenoria is the word. It usually happens when a woman gets below 12% bf. Happens alot to anorexic girls as well as female bodybuildes. AS use plays a big part also b/c of the hormonal imbalances

Gee, I don't THINK I'm below 12% - don't know, but that would be nice. My upper body is looking quite good, lower still jiggly, grr, and I briefly glimpsed a rippling ab or two last night, yay!

And suddenly all the strength I couldn't drum up last week is back - mm, maybe it's come and gone. Or maybe it's just all mental ... :)

But thanks - pity, I was hoping if I didn't get it, that all the baggage would stay away too. Oh well.

Well, now, this is interesting. I was re-reading Par Deus' articles on leptin. Apparently adequate leptin levels are necessary for reproduction/ reproductive hormones, and part of the reason we stop menstruating at low bf levels is that leptin levels drop, telling our bodies there isn't enough food around for kids.

I wonder how that accounts for women bodybuilders, even those on gear maintaining very low bf levels, getting pregnant?

Anyway, interesting.

But you've been heavily into sports from a young age. So, not necessarily just BB, any sport where bf is low.

So, if you ovulate, where's the blood? And does that go for any woman who's got low bf - she ovulates but doesn't bleed? That's not gonna stop any babies coming in times of dire strait.

On the other hand, if one is NOT ovulating at low bf levels, does that mean there will be more eggs for later, when bf levels go up again? I mean, they'll be saved, right?

Mmm, I wonder if that means a later menopause? Gosh, this topic is a lot more interesting than I ever thought.

Top Bottom