x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Signs and symptoms of period but no period??

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Signs and symptoms of period but no period?? within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Spatts, I know you can answer this one (sorry, I know you said it somewhere): do you get PMS and bloating, weight gain and grumpiness and all that, but just no blood? Is that how it works? Or just nothing? Mine's late, but I've got all the signs ...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Question Signs and symptoms of period but no period??

Spatts, I know you can answer this one (sorry, I know you said it somewhere): do you get PMS and bloating, weight gain and grumpiness and all that, but just no blood?

Is that how it works? Or just nothing? Mine's late, but I've got all the signs ...

Alot of girls get this..

Steel - what is your body fat right now? Aunt Flo didn't come to visit after I got below 11%, but she sent all her baggage.

Is amennorhea the right word? (I know it ain't spelled right...)

yep sassy Amenoria is the word. It usually happens when a woman gets below 12% bf. Happens alot to anorexic girls as well as female bodybuildes. AS use plays a big part also b/c of the hormonal imbalances

Gee, I don't THINK I'm below 12% - don't know, but that would be nice. My upper body is looking quite good, lower still jiggly, grr, and I briefly glimpsed a rippling ab or two last night, yay!

And suddenly all the strength I couldn't drum up last week is back - mm, maybe it's come and gone. Or maybe it's just all mental ...

But thanks - pity, I was hoping if I didn't get it, that all the baggage would stay away too. Oh well.

Well, now, this is interesting. I was re-reading Par Deus' articles on leptin. Apparently adequate leptin levels are necessary for reproduction/ reproductive hormones, and part of the reason we stop menstruating at low bf levels is that leptin levels drop, telling our bodies there isn't enough food around for kids.

I wonder how that accounts for women bodybuilders, even those on gear maintaining very low bf levels, getting pregnant?

Anyway, interesting.

But you've been heavily into sports from a young age. So, not necessarily just BB, any sport where bf is low.

So, if you ovulate, where's the blood? And does that go for any woman who's got low bf - she ovulates but doesn't bleed? That's not gonna stop any babies coming in times of dire strait.

On the other hand, if one is NOT ovulating at low bf levels, does that mean there will be more eggs for later, when bf levels go up again? I mean, they'll be saved, right?

Mmm, I wonder if that means a later menopause? Gosh, this topic is a lot more interesting than I ever thought.

Let me know if you want all the medical details and I'd be more than happy to post it.

Olympian
    Yes, Shreb - I would be very interested in the details of how this works.

Originally posted by Shrebly
    Let me know if you want all the medical details and I'd be more than happy to post it.
    Yes, please. Post away!