Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should women limit meat ?

meat11

My husband eats alot of meat. I was wondering if you guys think women should eat alot of meat too ? Is it good? Or should it be more of a vegetables approach? What do you guys think ?

Everybody needs proteins. Woman and men. There are 8 essencial amino acids the we need to get by eating protein sources.

Men and women, we both have muscle in our bodies and muscles is not only your delts or quads. Your uterus is a muscle, your veins, your blatter, your heart, your intestines, etc.

So yes, you need to eat your protein. Protein can be beef, pork, chicken, fish, egg, lamb, rabbit, duck, milk... there's a lot of sources, including vegetables sources like soy (granulated, milk or tofu) and gluten (seitan).

Yiu can use 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

For example:

150 pounds female needs 150g of protein. 100g of raw chicken breast has 25g of protein, so this female needs 600g of chicken every day. I think it's about 21oz of chicken breast.

But remember, you can split this 150g of protein into different sources.

a balanced diet is very important

as much as people on these meathead forums like to rag on vegans all the time
you should not eat 'a lot of meat' either. the meat you are eating is void of nutrition anyway cause you are eating the least healthy parts of the animal. the healthiest parts of the animal are the bone marrow, organs, skin, and soft tissues/fats. yet we eat only the muscle cause that is considered 'quality'.. a steakhouse puts a bone marrow, skin, and organs in front of you people would flee the place.. they put a filet mignon and people spend $40 a plate. go figure

For the BILLIONTH time; there is no cookie cutter answer. It all depends on the person.

My husband eats alot of meat. I was wondering if you guys think women should eat alot of meat too ? Is it good? Or should it be more of a vegetables approach? What do you guys think ?

Once again women aren't a species apart.

Women do not need the same dietary protein requirements as men. Most men consume 6-8oz per meal. Women should do 3-4

Women do not need the same dietary protein requirements as men. Most men consume 6-8oz per meal. Women should do 3-4

But that's about eating in proportion to their weight. A smaller man needs less than a bigger one. Not less just because they are female.

I dont see a reason why men and women should eat dififerently other than a woman who is pregnant getting in certain minerals/vitamins.

Top Bottom