Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Short1 - Bodybuilding Competition Log

*Bunny* said:
When you tell them do they question you or look at you like you're crazy? or going to tell them the 'real' secret? :)

It's such a transition from high volume I bet. Great work TSO.

You are so motivating. Thanks for that :rose:

:)

everyone who's asked me about my abs (and I get this question alternated with "how do I get legs like yours"1-2 times a week) roll their eyes and say "oh, I know!! it's just so hard to eat right! I just don't have time! {use whiny voice when reading this to yourself}

as far as the training goes - yes, I'm used to high volume, but the 2 second pauses he's got me doing are no joke. I've had to lighten my weight on a few different exercises so I can handle it. ...and I don't like getting into a rut, so this all feels good to me. I feel the torture will be coming soon enough. :D

I'd like to tell you that I've been doing high volume training for some scientific, smart sounding reason. The truth is that I LOVE it, and that I don't feel I've gotten a good workout unless I have the shakes so bad I have to sit down. I've gotten used to spending at least 1.5 hours in the gym (cardio not included), and sometimes 2-3 hours (leg day, for instance). All for no other reason than that I'm addicted to it.

December 5, 2006

Supps Today:

1.5 iu GH
calcium
green tea
vitamin c
multi vitamin
sesamin
guggelesterones
fat burner tha contains ephedra
yohimbine HCL
emerald balance (connective tissue/hair/skin/nails)

Meal One:

40 grams Whey Protein Shake in skim milk - (isopure zero carb strawberry)
1 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil
1 cup Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee with some of the milk from my shake + a little splenda. (I gave my mom some as a gift and DAMN it's good. lol)

Meal Two:
6 egg whites
2 Whole eggs
1.5 cups of Oatmeal
Fat burners

Meal Three - pre-workout

100g. Sweet potatoes
6 oz of chicken breast
2 PureCEE

Meal Four - post-workout

40 grams Whey Protein Shake in skim milk - (isopure zero carb strawberry)
100g. Sweet potatoes
vitamins

Meal Five:
8 oz chick breast with 1 cup broccoli

Meal Six:
Extended release shake 40 grams of Casein protein in skim milk - (BSN Lean Dessert Cinnamon Roll)

workout:

warmup = 15 minutes brisk walking on treadmill

chins
1 x 6 unassisted, 1 x 4/30lb assist
2 x 10/40 lb assist

pullovers - 2 sedond pause at stretch
1 x 10/35lb dumbell. this hurts my shoulders, so switched to barbell.
2 x 12/50lb barbell.

straight arm pulldowns - 2 second pause at contraction

1 x 12/90
2 x 10/105

took 15 minutes to stretch my bod. i need to do more of this, because I'm not as limber as i used to be.

---------------------------------------------

took my dad to the VA today. they've accepted him into the dementia unit, but it's temporary. they did a cat scan today and also chest x-rays. he's got pneumonia , so they're keeping him in the hospital until it clears up. alzheimers will show up in the scan if his bran has atrophied.

i spent the day going through his finances and filling out paperwork at the VA. I have medical power of attorney, so am trying to find a good nursing home for him that will accept his state & VA benefits.

I'm happy they're taking care of him, but it's sad. I get all my spunk and hard-headedness from my dad. We've always been close. Now, he looks right through me, and thinks that my mom and I are out to get him, or puthim away some where and desert him. :worried:

ugh.

Sassy69 said:
I'm just gonna throw in a caveat here from my own evil experience this summer - you ain't a spring chicken and the cycles are great for muscle strength but be very aware of your joint strength. When that hits its max pt of strength which doesn't equal your muscle strength, you are officially screwed. Just make sure to listen to your body and avoid strains.

i've been having trouble with my shoulders and elbow joints for a while now. i remember what i did, but can't tell you when it was - maybe 5 months ago. i did a long chest workout and tried to bench as much as I could (which wasn't a whole lot - bench is my weakest). the next week after, I hurt SO BAD in my shoulder and elbow joints. after that, it didn't really go away much. got-better-got-worse. I started taking deca a and the joint pain went away completely. only side I've experienced is a little acne on my shoulders - nothing bad.

I've also dislocated my right shoulder several years ago, and it will always haunt me. i try to stay away from shoulder work that involves straight arm lifts just a slight bend at the elbow makes a world of difference.

i feel young, but i know i need to be careful. :heart:

Shorty if you have someone in your area that does ART I suggest getting a couple of sessions I FUBAR my shoulder 2 years ago now and still get the odd flair up but ART and DC extreme stretching has helped a lot. I know yoga has signicanltly helped some of the pains I was having in my hips/glutes/hams.

the-short-one said:
i've been having trouble with my shoulders and elbow joints for a while now. i remember what i did, but can't tell you when it was - maybe 5 months ago. i did a long chest workout and tried to bench as much as I could (which wasn't a whole lot - bench is my weakest). the next week after, I hurt SO BAD in my shoulder and elbow joints. after that, it didn't really go away much. got-better-got-worse. I started taking deca a and the joint pain went away completely. only side I've experienced is a little acne on my shoulders - nothing bad.

I've also dislocated my right shoulder several years ago, and it will always haunt me. i try to stay away from shoulder work that involves straight arm lifts just a slight bend at the elbow makes a world of difference.

i feel young, but i know i need to be careful. :heart:

does you have access to a pullover machine....they allow a good degree of bend at the elbow??

Hey, Girl....I'm really sorry to hear about your dad......

I have problems with my shoulder too. Just won't go away, but there is a DC stretch that supposedly will cure pretty much any shoulder pain (that being if there has been no surgery involved in the past). I keep forgetting to try it tho....

SERIOUSLY considering the melotan :D

The Shadow said:
does you have access to a pullover machine....they allow a good degree of bend at the elbow??

no. (and i looked up a picture of one to be sure. :D) at least, not at my regular gym.

i will look today at the gym here in prescott. i went in on monday and asked if they'd sell me a pass for the month because I didn't want to drop $10 every time I went in (will be here at least this week).

the guy sold me one for $20, because "i've seen you here before and know you're serious." that made me feel good.

The Shadow said:

also - chest did not get sore. (i felt the burn in my chest while working out - so know I was doing it right...)

I'm pretty pain free today all the way around.

Top Bottom