Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Short1 - Bodybuilding Competition Log

Couple supp suggestions for joints -- MSM / glucosamine / chondroitin caps and you can also get MSM cream for topical - You can get it at GNC and it doesn't smell funny. Also a friend (another oldster lifter like me) swears by liquid minerals.

Also for shoulders, don't know if you do this already - actually for anything that hits my rotator I do warmups - cable "inside / outside" - cable at waist height, very light weight, tuck elbow close to your side, face away from the cable and pull mid to front x15-25, back to mid x 15-20 - both arms both mid to front / mid to back - one is a pull, the other is a resistance.

Also my chiro recommended light DB front raises but more to 45 degrees to each side than to directly in front.

Has seemed to help a lot, but basically once you hose your rotator, you're done. The other thing w/ shoulders is when they start to hurt then other muscles start to activate to protect / compensate for the achy muscles -- then you get all sorts of spazzed up muscles.

Age sucks. At this point a hyuge part of it is preventative maintenance.

Sassy69 said:
Couple supp suggestions for joints -- MSM / glucosamine / chondroitin caps and you can also get MSM cream for topical - You can get it at GNC and it doesn't smell funny. Also a friend (another oldster lifter like me) swears by liquid minerals.

Also for shoulders, don't know if you do this already - actually for anything that hits my rotator I do warmups - cable "inside / outside" - cable at waist height, very light weight, tuck elbow close to your side, face away from the cable and pull mid to front x15-25, back to mid x 15-20 - both arms both mid to front / mid to back - one is a pull, the other is a resistance.

Also my chiro recommended light DB front raises but more to 45 degrees to each side than to directly in front.

Has seemed to help a lot, but basically once you hose your rotator, you're done. The other thing w/ shoulders is when they start to hurt then other muscles start to activate to protect / compensate for the achy muscles -- then you get all sorts of spazzed up muscles.

Age sucks. At this point a hyuge part of it is preventative maintenance.

i need to start warming them up - and wil try your ideas out. Jeff gave me a move to do and my rotators have improved from it.

same arm form as if you were doing a one arm french press - elbow pointed up, arm bent with dumbell behind head. leave the arm in the bent position and rotate the shoulder until dumbell is pointed up and tricep is parallel to ground (or elbow inline with shoulder). 15-20 reps per shoulder. I've been using 10-15 pounds for this and it has helped strengthen.

I've have a shoulder problem forever, I jammed the joint, damaging my rotator cuff (believe it or not, goofing around slam dancing with hubby) and that has caused me a lot of problems as I've gotten older. For me side DB lat. raises helped hugely, but I can't do them very heavy (I started out at 5 lb. and THAT was tough, then I was so proud of myself when I got up to 10 lbs!!!).

Little changes can make a lot of difference, e.g., I can't do a barbell shoulder raise, that irritates it, because my damaged shoulder needs to work in a very slightly different angle than the healthy one, so I do DB raises.

I have problems with the tendons around my elbows, but that all stems from my work, on the plus side my job has never irritated my carpal tunnel, but on the minus overworking seems to give me tennis elbow :rolleyes:

Ain't getting older a joy *sigh*

the-short-one said:
i need to start warming them up - and wil try your ideas out. Jeff gave me a move to do and my rotators have improved from it.

same arm form as if you were doing a one arm french press - elbow pointed up, arm bent with dumbell behind head. leave the arm in the bent position and rotate the shoulder until dumbell is pointed up and tricep is parallel to ground (or elbow inline with shoulder). 15-20 reps per shoulder. I've been using 10-15 pounds for this and it has helped strengthen.

Also the deca may be great now but once it is out of your body you may still have issues w/ the joints. One thing about AAS is that it takes care of a lot of stuff but doesn't necessarily "fix" it forever. In a conversation one day Anthony Roberts commented that the worst "side" about AAS use by women is the "addiction" - not just the strength & the look, but the feeling of well-being, the recovery, the ability to endure so much more. Then when it is out of your system, suddenly you aren't "superhuman" any more....

Sassy69 said:
Also the deca may be great now but once it is out of your body you may still have issues w/ the joints. One thing about AAS is that it takes care of a lot of stuff but doesn't necessarily "fix" it forever. In a conversation one day Anthony Roberts commented that the worst "side" about AAS use by women is the "addiction" - not just the strength & the look, but the feeling of well-being, the recovery, the ability to endure so much more. Then when it is out of your system, suddenly you aren't "superhuman" any more....

oi. i've thought about that. i have a friend who gets cortizone shots in her hip -she's got a load of medical problems - andI tease her about it. "now, you can hurt yourself and not feel it!" we laugh about it, but I know it's no joke...

i've never pushed through the "bad" pain. if something doesn't feel right, I stop. when i first started hurting, i cut WAY down and gave myself a break - almost 3 weeks, and felt much better when I started up again. I've told shadow about my problems, so together we should be able to work something out that won't be damaging.

I'm sure I'm telling you stuff you already know, but given the scope of my experience this summer - 3 months later & literally at least a month off I still have problems I expect I will never not really recover from.

Sassy69 said:
I'm sure I'm telling you stuff you already know, but given the scope of my experience this summer - 3 months later & literally at least a month off I still have problems I expect I will never not really recover from.

i always welcome your advice, sass. I know you speak from experience and not out of your ass. :D

Top Bottom