Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is she pregnant?

Steelheart

My g/f has been on the pill for 5 monthes and today her peroid is 5 days late. She took a test and it was positive!!!
Would the pill mess up those 15$ test you get at the pharmacy?
I thought the pill tricks your body into thinking that you are pregnant therfore fail the test.

------------------
http://bodybuildinginfo.cjb.net
canadian_indian_md_wht.gif

not to scare you but if she forgets to take it one day or doesn't take it at the same time every day, chances are greater for pregnancy (though how great i don't know). do you both use condoms or something else as well, cuz you can't necessarily count on just one method. regardless, i think my friend once had a late period on the pill.

get another test and do it again. if it's positive, head to the doctor. i hope everything's ok.

Well, either way we are okay with it. i was just curious before we get all excited and everything.

Her last period was also messed up, it was "clotty"

Steelheart....i've been on the pill for almost two years now...i have been late a couple of times...i think it was mostly because of skipping my pills during that month....i think it might mess with the cycle a little...hope everything goes well...

Most instructions on pg tests will say that the pill does not give false positives. I'd take another test and go to the Doc.

------------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

any little slip up with the pill will screw you up. missing a dose, being on antibiotics etc...the pill does not give you a false positive. try ept. that is the most sensitive home test on the market. 4 1/2 yrs. ago i took 5 pregnancy tests to see if i was pregnant with my daugter 3 ept and 2 other brands, the ept was the only one that came up positive and my period wasn't even late yet i just knew something was wrong. the first 1 i took was ept. and it was positive (i didn't want to believe it and i was terrified!!) the second i took was something else and it came out negative,and so on, you get the idea. try and get her to the doc asap the blood test is the only true test. but i do trust ept as damn close to the drs results.

Go see a doctor....good luck.

------------------
View
http://www.elitefitness.com/members/bigrickrock1/pics/friedmom1.gif[/img]
....beauty knows no pain.

Definitely go to the doctor. Home pregnancy tests are more accurate these days. The urine of a pregnant woman has certain proteins that are detected by these tests. It will detect these protein early on.

I would go the the doctor for sure. Good luck and hopefully, congratulations!!

Mrs. Guns

5 days late after being on the pill for 5 months isn't necessarily bad, it can take up to a year for the body to become accustomed and get regular. However, being on the pill does not make a pregnancy test come up positive. I've totally missed my cycle twice before and the pregnancy tests came up negative and they were accurate. I agree with everyone else, do another test or just go ahead and go to the doctor. If it were me, after one positive test, I'd go to the doctor.

Top Bottom