Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Second guessing diets is the pits!! YIKES! STOP THE MADNESS!!!

Shads,

From this end: Depending on BF% and thickness/maturity of muscle is how i help them pick a show or series of shows in terms of how far out they should start contest specific work.

I like to look from the following perspectives:

20 weeks out to 12 weeks out at maintainence cals with some calorie cycling to keep a slow and low fat burn and bring up any lagging body parts by slamming them after high cal days.

Diet truly starts at 12 weeks out (unless a LOT of fat needs to go) and the first four weeks are at 300-400 cals below maintainence, decreasing by near a 100 cals per week from week 8 to contest prep week.

Last week looks mostly like monday, tuesday and wednesday at low carb, heavy water. Carb up starts thursday morning after a deplete workout wednesday pm.

Friday is same cals, but meals every 2 hours, water basicly stops at lunch. Very low water, sips and ice cubes saturday morning with carb up for real and serious glucose partitioning. About three AM friday morning a cocktail of a little water and glycerine with a dash of red wine... two hours before stage in the morning, rALA followed by a cocktail of glycerine, red wine and caffeine, another half portion of same 30 minutes before stage. Same cocktail program for evening show, with just a little more volume...

I think both what you & Shadow said are the typical guidelines for a show. Hoteacher was unique in that she's a former long distance runner & gets too stringy if she doesn't eat alot - her cutting was on around 3K calories & no cardio. Its important to differentiate her bodytype from probably the more typical person who will be more prone to building muscle & fat but have a harder time cutting the fat.

When you say that you have them drop 100 cals / week the last 8 weeks - just curious- how many cals are you left w/? My cals had stayed pretty much consistent, MAYBE dropping to 1500 towards the end.

You also might hit up Quadsweep or Q's Sis for detail about potassium loading. I've never done it myself but that's another method for the last week's cut. And also what M24 mentioned about fat loading - it messes me up, but I"ve seen other women that just thrive on it. That's where I would also schedule in time way prior to the show to experiment w/ the different loading sequences & doing before & after bodyfat testing (say over 3 day period) to see what happened.

Top Bottom