Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scott Abel - Metabolic Damage

ALphie Newman won the 1st Galaxy competition but never went off her "diet" of zero carbs. and T-3.

Last pic I saw of her was at 180 pounds.

Miss24k said:
I'm sorry I'm not understanding what you mean here.

Are you saying that you don't think metabolic damage is an issue for fitness and BB?

Honestly here anyway Figure and BB are looking the same. It's so hard to tell to the difference because the girls are getting crazy lean.

I have a friend who is competing in a Figure show soon, and she needs to be leaner than she was at her last show (The last show she was 8% and she looked it) So she's going towards 6%. Now if the figure girls are getting to 6% what do the BB'ers have to get to. :worried:

Depending on the show I've seen pretty lean figure girls, but the difference between figure & BB is the muscle mass and the final week's prep. What that bodyfat is made up of may also make a difference. Skinnyfat girls will have to dump a pile of bodyfat and have no muscle -- they'd have to get silly lean to not look fat because of the lack of muscle.

Sassy69 said:
Depending on the show I've seen pretty lean figure girls, but the difference between figure & BB is the muscle mass and the final week's prep. What that bodyfat is made up of may also make a difference. Skinnyfat girls will have to dump a pile of bodyfat and have no muscle -- they'd have to get silly lean to not look fat because of the lack of muscle.

These figure girls at the shows I've been to have lots of muscle, they aren't girls that have to get stupid lean just to cover up the fact that they have no muscle. They honestly look like bodybuilders but with heels.

Hmmm maybe that's why we have fitness model categories?

superqt4u2nv said:
Exactly!!! I was aproxmitly 12% on stage for my comp and looked like a cow next to the top 3. I keep hearing all this softer etc for figure yet I go out to the shows and I don't see it. I say fuck it if I have to get down to 6% why bother with figure may as well do body building at least that way I get to do more then a quarter turn.

exactly! They say they want a softer look but that's not what they reward. Same goes for fitness model which is supposed to be an even softer look that figure, but yet girls that compete in figure and bodybuilder enter also, and those girls usually place well.

If the judges would decide what the hell they want & be consistent about it we all might be a little healthier..

I'd almost like to say that w/ a :rolleyes: face, but honestly - its such a pile of shit. Its different at every show and changes every year. A friend of mine literally has a bigger back than I do and she did 6 figure shows last year and didn't even place in the Jr. Nationals this year. THey told her she was "too advanced" for the amateur level. Last year she woudl've taken the show in her condition. This year she's too hard. Friggen' amazing. That will fuck you up more than just trying to get into normal shape for a competition. At least BB is pretty easy to predict these days.

Sassy69 said:
I'd almost like to say that w/ a :rolleyes: face, but honestly - its such a pile of shit. Its different at every show and changes every year. A friend of mine literally has a bigger back than I do and she did 6 figure shows last year and didn't even place in the Jr. Nationals this year. THey told her she was "too advanced" for the amateur level. Last year she woudl've taken the show in her condition. This year she's too hard. Friggen' amazing. That will fuck you up more than just trying to get into normal shape for a competition. At least BB is pretty easy to predict these days.
Firgure comps come down to who shows up and how the wind blows that day.

Top Bottom