Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scorpio's Journal

by reviewing your log, my opinion is that you still don't have a steady diet...sometimes you eat more... sometimes less, so in general you have a surpluss of calories which together with your training are making you grow. It would be helpful that you stick to a diet for at least a couple of weeks, without adding anything extra or reducing it...
I would definitively take off would be the swiss cheese.
How long have you been taking the creatine?
Are you doing cardio? if so how many times per week and how long?
On the other hand, you say that you don't want your legs to grow any more... so adjust your diet (if you have any questions feel free to tell me) and if after a couple of weeks you still feel that you're growing from your legs, then the leg routine has to change.

2) up until yesterday - you had some sort of cheat food in your day - like wine, pizza, etc - on most days. That could slow your results down.

The wine is a problem for me, as I stated on my very first post. I've done well this week, haven't touched it - YET! Sunday's are my cheat day and also a carb up day (previous low carb diet), so the pizza was my cheat meal. The day before that was just a screw up. I obviously had no self control that day! The weight gain is definitely muscle - since my bf is going down and I'm really not holding water right now. I am, however, going to stop the creatine for a week and see if there is difference. But I'm not feeling bloated or puffy at the moment.

Like you, I struggle with keeping out the alcohol. I've managed to cut down significantly but the odd glass or two still creeps in.

I'm glad I'm not alone on that! I feel guilty on the first glass, the 2nd glass and after is totally enjoyed - that can be a problem! lol

would definitively take off would be the swiss cheese. How long have you been taking the creatine?
Are you doing cardio? if so how many times per week and how long?
On the other hand, you say that you don't want your legs to grow any more... so adjust your diet (if you have any questions feel free to tell me) and if after a couple of weeks you still feel that you're growing from your legs, then the leg routine has to change.

I was on a low carb diet for quite a while, that's where the cheese came in. I really try not to eat much of it unless I'm starving and it's my only option. I've been taking creatine for 3 weeks now. Haven't seen much bloating at all. I do cardio 5-6 times a week on an empty stomach. 20 min. elliptical HIIT 3-4 days, 20 min. elliptical steady pace 2-3 days.

Thanks for your critique, ladies! Much appreciated!!!!! :)

I was able to cut significantly with Creatine as a staple in my Project. I know this isn't the case with many... However I am willing to bet your Diet is the culprit, I would focus on that and leave the creatine in.

I do have the power to make my legs BLOW UP from doing certain leg work, which is why I often avoid certain exercises and do not lift heavy when it comes to legs. This is def. person specific and something I didn't learn overnight.

Personally I strongly feel your diet needs to be your main focus, then leg routine, then maybe creatine.

09-28-05 cont.

7:00 PM
3/4 Cup Flaked Cod
1 Red Potato

8:45 PM
1 TBSP ANPB

Totals: CAL 775 (not nearly enough!!!), FAT 28, CARB 40, PRO 74

09-29-05

7:00 AM
1 Ephedrine Tab, 1/2 Caffiene Tab
BACK
One Arm Pulldowns - 15x15, 25x15, 25x15
Seated Rows - 20x15, 40x12, 40x12
DB Rows - 10x15, 10x15, 10x15

Power went out at the studio right when I needed to eat. Got busy with that and didn't eat on time. BUT also didn't cheat when I DID eat!!

1:30 PM
1/2 Cup Ground Turkey w/Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cup Sauteed Veggies (yellow squash, zucchini (sp), mushrooms, red bell peppers) olive oil, squeeze fresh lemon juice, red pepper flakes
1/2 Cup Mashed Sweet Potato
1 Green Tea Cap
1 Fish Oil Cap

I'M STUFFED!!!!!!

I do have the power to make my legs BLOW UP from doing certain leg work, which is why I often avoid certain exercises and do not lift heavy when it comes to legs.
I think I'm going to need to back down on the legs a little. I just really didn't think I was training them all that hard. I need to change my mental mind set from bulking to cutting. It's hard to do! I feel like a sissy! I feel like I'm doing the big plates or pink weights - as Sassy would say. Right now, I'm definitely in the pink!

However I am willing to bet your Diet is the culprit, I would focus on that and leave the creatine in.
Well, I guess since I haven't seen bloating with it, I probably could. Hmmmm, just not sure what I'm going to do yet about this one. I have until morning to figure it out.

Instead of the cheese, have nuts
I eat lots of Almonds. I never realized just how much I liked them until recently.

Personally I strongly feel your diet needs to be your main focus
.....focusing.......transitioning from low carb (20-50) to moderate carb (50-80).

It's just a Cod Filet sauteed in Olive Oil. They don't stay in one piece. Basically they flake apart. Very good stuff!

09-29-05 cont.

3:30 PM
1/2 oz Almonds

6:30 PM
Isopure Protein Shake

8:15 PM
3 oz Steak

9:00 PM
2 TBSP AN PB

Totals: CAL 1044, FAT 44, CARB 47, PRO 114

09-30-05
7:00 AM
Shower, YES, Ephedrine, 1/2 Caffiene Tab

7:30 AM
BI'S
Cable Curls 20x15, 20x12, 20x12
Preacher Curls w/EZ bar 10 lbs. added, 3 sets 15,12,12
Hammer Curls w/11 lb DB's, 3 sets of 15

8:00 AM
20 Min. Cardio - 6 One min. Sprints

8:45 AM
Isopure Shake (No Creatine, ran out of Glut yesterday)

I measured myself this morning. Here's how it's looking...

09-13-05
Bi - 11
Chest - 38
Waist - 26.5
Hip - 37.5
Thigh (upper) 22
Thigh (lower) 19.5
Calve - 13

09-30-05
Bi 11.5
Chest 37
Waist 26
Hip 37.5
Thigh (upper) 22
Thigh (lower) 19.5
Calve 13

Now that my top half is melting, my bottom half should follow.

I thought my quads were growing, but I must have been looking at the wrong number (lower instead of upper). So I think I can leave my leg training the way it is - for the time being.

I'm currently doing a 3 point calliper bf test, but I think I'm going to add a mid-thigh fold to that test because my pants are much tighter on my legs, but the measurements say they haven't grown. I'm thinking maybe my fat% has decreased there and muscle has increased, so the absence of fat has made a difference. Does that make any sense?

Last edited:
Top Bottom