Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scorpio's Journal

ScorpioGirl said:
Well, I've been training for 13 years now. Just need to change it up a bit. I pretty much know what will and will not work for me, and her diet has some things that will NOT work for me, but there are a few things that will.

I'm not going to go down to 1000 calories a day either. I think I'd probably shoot myself!!!! I'm planning on incorporating more fish and a couple of other foods and supplements, and dropping the caloric intake to no higher than 1300.

I'm going to take a look at her diet from about 8 - 12 weeks back from today. I definitely WON'T follow the immediate pre-contest diet.

Sorry if my earlier statement sounded rude, I really didn't mean it to be that way. You would be surprised at how many people just decide to start following someone elses diet. I just wanted you to know that it was ment for comp & not just everyday. Jen had 2 different trainers & two different diets, so I'm not sure which trainer/what diet she had 8-12 weeks ago. I'm sure she will let you know if she was happy with it or not.

Anyway, it sounds like you have things well planned out. Good job :)

I didn't think you were being rude at all! We're all here to help eachother and I understand - that's what you were doing. Your good intentions were taken!! :)

It's hard to know emphasis in postings too - so if I came off defensive - I really wasn't meaning to. Just explaining my position in training and diet.;)

I'm wanting to incorporate some low GI carbs in my diet. But I have a mental block on carbs. It's going to be a REALLY difficult transformation for me. I'm trying to keep in my head that although I'm adding a few carbs, I'm also lowering my caloric intake - hopefully it will balance out. I'm a little aprehensive!

ScorpioGirl said:
Well, I've been training for 13 years now. Just need to change it up a bit. I pretty much know what will and will not work for me, and her diet has some things that will NOT work for me, but there are a few things that will.

I'm not going to go down to 1000 calories a day either. I think I'd probably shoot myself!!!! I'm planning on incorporating more fish and a couple of other foods and supplements, and dropping the caloric intake to no higher than 1300.

I'm going to take a look at her diet from about 8 - 12 weeks back from today. I definitely WON'T follow the immediate pre-contest diet.

Yeah that was killer!! Very very tough!! And I was very tired all the time!!

The last 4 weeks in my Competition log are with my NEW trainer. From about Sept 1st & on.......... BEFORE that was with the old trainer who had me seriously carb cycling, High then Low calories, high fat then no fat. The mood swings were HORRIBLE and I was miserable. The last 4 weeks I did were much better!! But again - you might want to go with higher calories.

OK, what I'll probably do is go with the foods the NEW trainer had you on, and up the calories a bit to fit my needs - have I mentioned YOU ARE SO FREAKIN' TINY!!!! Unbelievable the transformation from August to now. UNFRICKIN' BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do great out there today!!! How you feeling about everything so far?

09-24-05 Cont.

4:00 PM
1 Piece WW Low Carb Bread
1 TBSP ANPB
1 TSP Margarine

6:00 PM - OK, HERE'S WHERE IT STARTS GETTING STICKY (GRANDMA'S B-DAY DINNER)
4 Grilled Shrimp
1/2 Baked Tato
1 Cup Steamed Broccoli Flourettes

- Doing good UNTIL......

we broke out the wine!!!!!!!!!!!! URGGGGGGGG!!!

4 Glasses at dinner (6PM - 8PM) - CRAP!

Then we all went out to my Aunts and had a little get together. Family was up from GA - God, they're annoying!!!)

9:00 PM
1 more glass of wine

I also had 2 sugar cookies!

Totals: CAL 1747, FAT 56, CARB 89, PRO 68

09-25-05 CHEAT DAY
10:30 AM
(the rest of my dinner from the night before)
3 Grilled Shrimp
1/2 Baked Potato
4 Broccoli Flourettes
1 Ephedrine Tab

11:30 AM
4 Pieces Cantaloupe

2:30 PM
2.5 oz Blueberries

4:00 PM
7 Potato Chips

6:30 PM
2 Pieces Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust American Supreme Pizza
1 Cup Dairy Queen Reese's Ice Cream Cake - GOD WAS THAT GOOD!!!!!!

Totals: CAL 1634, FAT 79, CARB 200, PRO 58

09-26-05

6:45 AM
Shower, YES, 1 Ephedrine Tab

7:15 AM
10 Min. Cardio - Elliptical
LEGS
Smith Mach. Lunges
Bar & 20 lbs added - 65x15
30 lbs added 75x12, 75x12

Smith Mach. Squats
Bar & 30 lbs added 75x15
bar & 40 lbs added 85x12, 85x12

Dead Lifts - STD Bar
3 sets - 15,12,12

8:15 AM
Isopure Shake
Creatine & Glut

1/2 Cup Ground Turkey w/Tomato Sauce
1 Fish Oil Cap
2 Green Tea Caps

3:30 PM
1/2 Cup Turkey w/Tomato Sauce

5:00 PM
3 CLA Caps

7:30 pM
4 oz Beef Tenderloin Filet
1 Red Potato (dry, no salt)
1 Cup Green Beans (dry, no salt)

8:00 PM
1 Fish Oil Cap
2 Green Tea Caps

Totals: CAL 915, FAT 27, CARB 43, PRO 105

09-27-05
6:30 AM
Shower, YES

7:00 AM
20 Min. HIIT Cardio, 6 - 1 Minute Sprints

Tri's
DB Kickbacks - 6 lb x15, 10x12, 10x12
DB Extensions - 10x12, 10x12, 10x12

8:00 AM
Isopure Shake
Creatine & Glut

8:15 AM
4 Pieces Cantaloupe

10:15 AM
3 CLA Caps

Saturday morning I had my bf tested.

09-10-05 - 23%
09-24-05 - 21.5%

I stated in one of my posts that my clothes aren't fitting any differently and my weight hovers around 125. This morning, I put on a pair of Khaki's that I haven't worn for 2 weeks. The legs were VERY tight, but the butt and waist are comfortable. They use to be a little looser in the quads. I guess the legs are growing. I feel more solid and I actually feel "smaller", but I'm not.

Even though the low carb was working, I'm going to try the diet change-up anyway to see which way works best for me. I've always blown up with the carbs so I'm not going to let them get too high. But I am going to add a few to each meal and see what the results are. Yeay - I'm gettin' there!:)

Last edited:
12:00 PM
4 oz Beef Tenderloin Filet
1 Cup Green Beans (nothing added)
1 Green Tea Cap
1 Fish Oil Cap

1:00 PM
1/2 oz Almonds

09-27-05 Cont.

5:40 PM
Isopure Shake
Creatine & Glut

6:00 PM - CALVES & ABS

Standing Calve Raises 25x45, 20x65, 20x65

ABS
Scissors, 3 sets / 45 seconds
3 Sets Crunches for 25 reps

8:00PM
1 Cup Sweet Potato
1 Cup Cod (sauteed in olive oil w/a couple squeezes of lemon and pepper)

Totals: CAL 1297, FAT 55, CARB 78, PRO 128

09-28-05

7:00 AM
20 Min. Cardio - Elliptical

9:00 AM
1/2 oz Almonds

10:00 AM - 11:15 AM Mowed Lawn / push mower

1 Cup Cantaloupe

12:00 PM
2 Pieces WW Low Carb Bread
1 Cup Ground Turkey w/Tomato Sauce

4:45 PM
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese

In going over your log........ 1) Creatine could be making you hold water and 2) up until yesterday - you had some sort of cheat food in your day - like wine, pizza, etc - on most days. That could slow your results down. And you could be adding muscle in your thighs, causing your pants to feel tighter in the legs.

ScorpioGirl said:
09-24-05 Cont.

- Doing good UNTIL......

we broke out the wine!!!!!!!!!!!! URGGGGGGGG!!!

4 Glasses at dinner (6PM - 8PM) - CRAP!

Then we all went out to my Aunts and had a little get together. Family was up from GA - God, they're annoying!!!)

9:00 PM
1 more glass of wine

I also had 2 sugar cookies!

Great news on th BF loss. Like you, I struggle with keeping out the alcohol. I've managed to cut down significantly but the odd glass or two still creeps in.

Top Bottom