Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scorpio's '06 Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by RoonyTunes

45 degree leg press machine is very effective to me. You can try different angles with your feet and really put on some serious weight. Also, that butt blaster machine where you kick back is pretty good as is hip flexor mat work on all fours.

I have a gym in the spare bedroom of my house, but I don't have that equipment. I really liked to do hyper extensions and they worked, but I need to buy that piece of equipment before I can do them again. I've got a Smith Machine with Pec Deck, Pull down and Low Row. I have DB's up to 20# too. Need to get some heavier ones.

SG, do you do all your workouts at home? If so, I'm extremely impressed you have that equipment. I can't seem to remember, though.

buffalogal said:
SG, do you do all your workouts at home? If so, I'm extremely impressed you have that equipment. I can't seem to remember, though.
Yes...all at home. I miss the people watching at the gym sometimes though! lol One of these days I'll take a pic of the room and post it. Mr. S has this thing with making everything match and so all the equipment is black and so are the mats :rolleyes: I keep telling him I feel like I'm going to the dungeon to work out. He just sighs and rolls his eyes at me...lol

What kind of lunges do you do? Slow weighted walking lunges with a kick back (and big squeeze) of the rear leg when you transfer your body weight are pretty good. Follow that with long strides on the treadmill at 15% incline, medium speed.

Do you have a swiss ball? Lay on the floor, dig ankles into the top of ball, lift glutes and pull in the ball with your feet, hold and push out, not lowering your body at any time. Do about 3 or 4 sets 10-12 reps. Great for core and hams but also tires the glutes pretty quick.. Not sure if you'll get sore though....

OMG!!!! Was it just me?!?!?! I felt lost all day without my girls!!! I couldn't posts anything......hey!!!! Did someone bomb me?!?!?!

In any case......I don't have a treadmill, but the lunges sound like I should give them a shot. I haven't done walking lunges for probably 10 years!!! lol

scorpiogirl said:
OMG!!!! Was it just me?!?!?! I felt lost all day without my girls!!! I couldn't posts anything......hey!!!! Did someone bomb me?!?!?!

NO, I was pretty lost all day without you gals too!!

I was reading on another site today that the two most effective at-home exercises to target the glutes are the Bridge (which Mermaid describes above with the swiss ball) and donkey kicks (lie on all floors and kick from chest up into the air) which is one of the hip flexor mat work exercises I mentioned.

I also suggest using a medicine ball to hold out at a 90 degree angle instead of just always dumbbells at the sides for both lunges and wall squats. With wall squats, you can also vary your speed of going up and coming down as well as holding a stance in the 1/4 position from the top or bottom before pumping out full reps.

Just some ideas :)

scorpiogirl said:

LOL. I woke up in the morning, called up the page and thought that everyone must have switched boards overnight!

Anyway, you're not bombed, so where have you been? :confused: ;)

Just busy, I guess. Friday I like to get my log all up-to-date as much as possible because Saturday I have a busy workday and Mr. S is usually home on the weekend so I don't get a lot of time to be here.

OH HAPPY DAY!!!! I have a whole day ALONE - ALL TO MYSELF!!!!! I don't usually get that, so I'm going to update my log, go to the grocery and get some stuff done around the house.

I'm looking at the recipe thread right now. I'm bored with my diet and need some "BAM" as Emeril would say!!! lol

I'll be back a little later on today to update. :)

scorpiogirl said:
Thurs. 01-05-06
Weight 118

7:00 AM
EC Stack

7:15 AM Chest & Abs

Flat Bench Press - 4 TUT
65# x 10
75# x 10 - failure
85# x 8 - failure
75 x 10 - failure

Incline DB Press - 6 TUT
15# DBs x 10
20# DBs x 10 - 2 sets

Flat DB Flies - 6 TUT
10# DBs x 10 - 3 sets

Crunches w/8# DB
3 sets of 25

Scissors & leg lifts
3 - 1 minute sets

8:15 AM
ON Pro Complex Protein Shake w/glut

10:15 AM
1 Cup Cottage Cheese

2:00
2 Cups Spaghetti Squash
3/4 Cup Spaghetti Sauce (homemade)
I know, I know....there's not a protein source here, but I couldn't choke down Albacore. Hate to say it, but I'm gonna end up with a protein bar hangin' out of my mouth when I get hungry (which shouldn't be long).
3:30 PM
Protein Bar

7:30 PM
Oatmeal Apple Squares (found the receipe on another board - it's ok, but I need to tweek it. I'll post it when I think I've got it just right)

9:00 PM
1 Cup Romaine
4 Radishes
2 oz Chic Breast
5 Broc Flourettes
1 TBSP Balsamic vinegarette
3 Cranberry

Totals: CAL 1260, FAT 31, CARB 109, PRO 136 (f22%, c34%, p44%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom