Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scorpio's '06 Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
nelmsjer said:
SG, where is your post workout shake or protein/carb combo immediately after the workout?

And I haven't forgotten. I'm working on it now. :)
DIdn't need it! I had PLENTY of calories and protein yesterday....just getting ready to post my totals.......

scorpiogirl said:
[COLOR=BLUE)LOL!!! I know, I know! YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!! Just getting my log (paper) all written down and put up here, and then I'll go do it. I did calves this morning - I'm happy I don't have to mess with them tonight.[/COLOR]
Thought I'd give it a try ... Missy wasnt here to :velvett: so I thought I'd give it a shot :)

Nuttin but luv 4 ya girl :D

Have a great workout and Hope you have a better day tomorrow :)

Originally Posted by scorpiogirl
Mon. 01-23-06 START BULKING

7:15 AM
EC Stack

9:15 AM
1.5 C Chicken Broccoli Bake
2 Cranberry, 1 Echinacea

11:45 AM
1 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 Cup Blueberries
2 Sesapure

2:30 PM
1.5 Cups Chic Broccoli Bake
1 Pc Choc PB Protein Cheesecake
Handfull of Sunflower Seeds
2 Cranberry

6:00 PM
Egg Sandwich (2 Whole Eggs, 2 Pc LC 7 Grain Bread, 1 TBSP Mayo)
2 Sesapure

6:30 PM TRIS & BIS

Cable curls
20#x10, 30#x8, 35#x6

Hammer Curls
15# DBs x 10, 20# DBs x 8, 20# DBs x 8

DB Kickbacks
10# x 10, 12# x 10 - 2 sets

Unilateral Pushdowns
10# x 10, 10# x 9, 10# x 8

8:30 PM
Stuffed Chicken Breast (from recipe thread)
Chicken breast sliced in 1/2, layered in a peice of ham, shreaded cheese, put other half back on top, added 3 pc of precooded bacon and a piece of provolone & bake 30 min. This is the BEST!!!!! (a little salty due to the ham)

Totals: CAL 1827, FAT 74, CARB 89, PRO 183 (f38%, c19%, p42%) :D

yeay! i did it!!!!! I think I went a little to high on the calories to start though. My goal this week is to keep them right at 1700.

Tues. 01-24-06

7:00 AM
1 Medium Banana
3 Cardio Breeze

7:30 AM CALVES

Standing Toe Raises - Smith (85#)
2 sets of 25 - toes straight
2 sets of 25 - toes in
2 sets of 25 - toes out

10:30 AM
1/2 Stuffed Chic Breast
6 oz Yogurt
2 Sessapure

1:30 PM
1/2 Stuffed Chic Breast
2 Cardio Breeze

5:30 PM
1 Beef & Bean Burrito
6 Graham Crackers

7:15 PM LEGS..thank you, Bunns, for the :velvett:...be right back!!

scorpiogirl said:
Tues. 01-24-06

7:00 AM
1 Medium Banana
3 Cardio Breeze

7:30 AM CALVES

Standing Toe Raises - Smith (85#)
2 sets of 25 - toes straight
2 sets of 25 - toes in
2 sets of 25 - toes out

10:30 AM
1/2 Stuffed Chic Breast
6 oz Yogurt
2 Sessapure

1:30 PM
1/2 Stuffed Chic Breast
2 Cardio Breeze

5:30 PM
1 Beef & Bean Burrito
6 Graham Crackers

7:15 PM LEGS..thank you, Bunns, for the :velvett:...be right back!!
SLDLs
95x10, 105x10, 105x10

Leg Curls
35x10, 45x8, 40x8

Leg Extensions
45x10, 60x10, 70x10 (toes up)
70x10 - 3 sets (toes in)

8:30 PM
5 oz Broiled Scallops
2 Graham Crackers

Not sure if I'm done for the night or not - I may need a pro shake still!

SO FAR...
Cal 1470, Fat 48, Carb 129, Pro 119 ... UHHH need something

*Bunny* said:
Gurrrrrrrl git your hiney to the gym and work those legs dag nabbit :velvett:

No excuses ... you want those calves to look foxy don't you? Not going to happen sitting around eating burrito's stressing about some jackass (i..e spiking cortisol = fat storage)

:heart:

Dang! *Bunny* is playing hard ball! :evil: Look out! :worried:

:lmao:

Okay, there is a lot to cover here, so I better get at it. :D

First, let's talk about your post workout shake. You really need one, even if it means less food during the day. The research and real world results regarding post workout supplementation is too conclusive to ignore. Simply put, a post workout shake containing maltodextrin, dextrose, and whey protein (preferrably hydrolyzed) will dramatically increase your ability to recover from workouts. The reason is that your muscles have just used all their fuel (carbs), and assuming you have worked out with appropriate intensity, you have also created protein degradation that needs repaired. Getting those simple carbs (malto and dextrose) and simple proteins (hydrolyzed whey) in during and after a workout refills your glucose/glycogen stores and provides proteins for the rebuilding process...both at a time when insulin sensitivity is pretty much perfect. That means, assuming you don't go nuts with the amount of calories on the shake, that those nutrients are used exactly for your intent: fast recovery.

Now, on to the workouts. I am going to assume by the workouts you have posted and the amount of sass that you put out on this board that you are not afraid of free weights or what people think. Let's see if I'm right. ;)

Day 1:
Squats: 5 sets of 7 (5x7)
Hanging Pikes: 4x8
---------
Swiss Ball situps: 3x10
Lunges or Step Ups: 2x10

Day 2:
Bench: 5x7
Bent Row: 5x7
------
DB Incline: 2x10
DB Row: 2x10

Day 3: OFF

Day 4:
Light squats: 2x10
Decline situps: 4x6
Deadlift: 5x6
Russian Twists: 2x10

Day 5:
Pullups: 6x6
Military Press: 5x7
------
Incline Press: 2x10
Preacher curl: 2x10

Day 6: OFF
Day 7: OFF

Let's talk about the program. :)

The program is based on big exercises, which should be selected whether you are bulking or cutting. Bulking or cutting will work most effectively when the most muscle mass is stimulated, and these exercises will do the job very well. The difference between bulking and cutting depends on 3 things: 1) primarily diet, 3) the amount of cardio performed, and 3) how you perform the exercises. I am bringing this up because you are going to see that I am going to give almost the exact same program to Mermaid. The difference will be the diet, amount of cardio, and how the exercises are performed.

For bulking, which you are doing :), we will increase the amount of rest between exercises. Each day (except day 4), I want you to superset the first pair of exercises, except you will take 1 minute between exercises. So, for day 1, it will be squat, 60 seconds rest, hanging pikes, 60 seconds, back to squat, etc. When you are done with those, you'll move into the second paired exercises and treat them the same way. Doing the exercises in this fashion allows some fun neural enhancement tricks to be used, and it also ends up allowing almost 2.5 minutes of rest between the same exercise. Good stuff, for both reasons. :)

On Day 4, do the exercises in order, with 60 seconds rest between exercises. The squats should be LIGHT. At no point should you reach failure on the squats for this day, ever. Speaking of squats, everything should be well past parallel, as far down as your anatomy will allow without bouncing out of the bottom. When you get to the deadlift, take 2 minutes between sets. I want you straining and moving some weight, but I don’t want you to hit failure. Make sure the deadlifts hit the floor on every rep.

There is a 10% drop in volume and intensity for the second leg workout, so that you can work in a maximum of 2 days cardio without frying your legs. See how nice I am! :D LOL! :FRlol:

Everything, unless it says DB, is done with a barbell. Full situps on the swiss ball. The decline situps should be weighted.

Finally, let's talk loading and progression. I want the first week to be a learning session. In other words, I don't want you even coming close to hitting failure on ANYTHING. The second week can be a little harder, but still no failure! From that point forward, progression will be completely dependent on your performance. You must keep a journal/log!!! If you make all of your reps for an exercise, then add a SMALL amount of weight when you hit that exercise the next week. When I say small, I mean 2-3 lbs. for upper body exercises, and 5 lbs. for lower body exercises. For upper body, this means you will need to use some microloading techniques. Adjustable ankle weights are perfect for this, and both IP and I will be using them on our next workout program when this one is finished. Simply put 1-1.5 lbs in each ankle weight and put them on the bar just INSIDE the weights (on the same portion where your hands go, but out next to the weights). Consider this: if you run this until mid-April (11 weeks) and were able to add 2 lbs. per week to your upper body exercises in this same rep range, you will have added 22 lbs per exercise. That, in itself, would be an amazing feat, so you see why the micro-loading is so important and useful. Additional microloading techniques can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/Topics/Microloading.htm

Let’s see…what else? Sleep will be really important, and your post workout shake will be, as well. Don’t neglect either one, or I’ll have Mr. SG spank you. And you won’t like it.

Ok…fire away!

:wavey:

nelmsjer said:
Okay, there is a lot to cover here, so I better get at it. :D

First, let's talk about your post workout shake. You really need one, even if it means less food during the day. The research and real world results regarding post workout supplementation is too conclusive to ignore. Simply put, a post workout shake containing maltodextrin, dextrose, and whey protein (preferrably hydrolyzed) will dramatically increase your ability to recover from workouts. The reason is that your muscles have just used all their fuel (carbs), and assuming you have worked out with appropriate intensity, you have also created protein degradation that needs repaired. Getting those simple carbs (malto and dextrose) and simple proteins (hydrolyzed whey) in during and after a workout refills your glucose/glycogen stores and provides proteins for the rebuilding process...both at a time when insulin sensitivity is pretty much perfect. That means, assuming you don't go nuts with the amount of calories on the shake, that those nutrients are used exactly for your intent: fast recovery.

Now, on to the workouts. I am going to assume by the workouts you have posted and the amount of sass that you put out on this board that you are not afraid of free weights or what people think. Let's see if I'm right. ;)

Day 1:
Squats: 5 sets of 7 (5x7)
Hanging Pikes: 4x8
---------
Swiss Ball situps: 3x10
Lunges or Step Ups: 2x10

Day 2:
Bench: 5x7
Bent Row: 5x7
------
DB Incline: 2x10
DB Row: 2x10

Day 3: OFF

Day 4:
Light squats: 2x10
Decline situps: 4x6
Deadlift: 5x6
Russian Twists: 2x10

Day 5:
Pullups: 6x6
Military Press: 5x7
------
Incline Press: 2x10
Preacher curl: 2x10

Day 6: OFF
Day 7: OFF

Let's talk about the program. :)

The program is based on big exercises, which should be selected whether you are bulking or cutting. Bulking or cutting will work most effectively when the most muscle mass is stimulated, and these exercises will do the job very well. The difference between bulking and cutting depends on 3 things: 1) primarily diet, 3) the amount of cardio performed, and 3) how you perform the exercises. I am bringing this up because you are going to see that I am going to give almost the exact same program to Mermaid. The difference will be the diet, amount of cardio, and how the exercises are performed.

For bulking, which you are doing :), we will increase the amount of rest between exercises. Each day (except day 4), I want you to superset the first pair of exercises, except you will take 1 minute between exercises. So, for day 1, it will be squat, 60 seconds rest, hanging pikes, 60 seconds, back to squat, etc. When you are done with those, you'll move into the second paired exercises and treat them the same way. Doing the exercises in this fashion allows some fun neural enhancement tricks to be used, and it also ends up allowing almost 2.5 minutes of rest between the same exercise. Good stuff, for both reasons. :)

On Day 4, do the exercises in order, with 60 seconds rest between exercises. The squats should be LIGHT. At no point should you reach failure on the squats for this day, ever. Speaking of squats, everything should be well past parallel, as far down as your anatomy will allow without bouncing out of the bottom. When you get to the deadlift, take 2 minutes between sets. I want you straining and moving some weight, but I don’t want you to hit failure. Make sure the deadlifts hit the floor on every rep.

There is a 10% drop in volume and intensity for the second leg workout, so that you can work in a maximum of 2 days cardio without frying your legs. See how nice I am! :D LOL! :FRlol:

Everything, unless it says DB, is done with a barbell. Full situps on the swiss ball. The decline situps should be weighted.

Finally, let's talk loading and progression. I want the first week to be a learning session. In other words, I don't want you even coming close to hitting failure on ANYTHING. The second week can be a little harder, but still no failure! From that point forward, progression will be completely dependent on your performance. You must keep a journal/log!!! If you make all of your reps for an exercise, then add a SMALL amount of weight when you hit that exercise the next week. When I say small, I mean 2-3 lbs. for upper body exercises, and 5 lbs. for lower body exercises. For upper body, this means you will need to use some microloading techniques. Adjustable ankle weights are perfect for this, and both IP and I will be using them on our next workout program when this one is finished. Simply put 1-1.5 lbs in each ankle weight and put them on the bar just INSIDE the weights (on the same portion where your hands go, but out next to the weights). Consider this: if you run this until mid-April (11 weeks) and were able to add 2 lbs. per week to your upper body exercises in this same rep range, you will have added 22 lbs per exercise. That, in itself, would be an amazing feat, so you see why the micro-loading is so important and useful. Additional microloading techniques can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/Topics/Microloading.htm

Let’s see…what else? Sleep will be really important, and your post workout shake will be, as well. Don’t neglect either one, or I’ll have Mr. SG spank you. And you won’t like it.

Ok…fire away!

:wavey:

Thanks for all the info., Nelms! :) Actually, I just got my program where I want it...and it's VERY similar to what you have suggested, except I DO go to failure occasionally on the muscle groups I really need to stimulate to grow. I'm not doing any cardio right now, but if I see too much of a bf increase, I'll start. I don't have some of the equipment or equipment accessories that you've mentioned, so I would need to improvise there.

Don't have to worry about sleep. I'm a complete B*TCH if I don't get enough anyway!!! :evil: lol As far as the protein shakes go, I'm out of protein at the moment (NOT HAPPY), but it's already ordered and on the way. I usually do have the PWO shake w/Glut and I'm adding Creatine now too while bulking. I want to see how my program goes before I change it up, but if I need to tweek it, I'll go with the program you have suggested and see if that improves my result.

Thanks for your efforts here!!!!! MUCH appreciated! :)

Wed. 01-25-06
Weight 117.5

7:15 AM
1/2 Granny Smith Apple
3 Cardio Breeze
(gotta' eat to take the CB on an empty stomach - this is just a buffer for the CB - banana's don't work)

9:15 AM
1.5 Cups Chic Broccoli Bake
2 Sesapure

11:30 AM
1 Cup Chic Broccoli Bake
2 TBSP ANPB
2 Cardio Breeze, 2 Cranberry

2:30 PM
6 oz Albacore Steak
1 tsp Hot & Sweet Stone Ground Mustard

Last edited:
Status