Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scorpio's '06 Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Bunny* said:
I have never bulked and Cut before, so this has just been experimenting ...

Not saying you should do this, but giving you some ideas. When I went from what I looked like in April to August, I was eating 2500 - 2800 cals EASY, if not more. I left the one BP/day, still did cardio (BUT Sprints, PLYO stuff) and did something like the following (I may change this later as I'm going off memory here):

MONDAYS & THURSDAYS – Chest & Tri’s
TUESDAYS & FRIDAYS – Back & Bi’s
WEDNESDAYS & SATURDAYS – Legs & Shoulders
SUNDAY - Rest

I had a training partner at the time, so we mixed things up alot to meet both our goals, and so challenge one another.

I will say I basically did 3 exercises per body group for 4 sets, except on Leg Day It was 5-6 for legs & 4 for shoulders.

Cardio you may want to incorporate plyo explosive movements, maybe 3 x week.
You weren't still sore at all when starting the 2nd session per week? I trained legs Thursday last week and they were still sore yesterday. Chest does the same thing for me. It will be sore 3-4 days. The other stuff I can do 2x a week heavy and they really don't stay sore as long.

Keep in mind I'm 5'4" and 119 right now.....should I be jumping my calories up quickly, or gradually? I don't want to overdo it and cause more fat gain than need be. I'm not gonna' miss any questions here!!! lol I'm only doing this for 8-10 weeks so I can start cutting again before summer, so I need to hit it hard and heavy.

scorpiogirl said:
You weren't still sore at all when starting the 2nd session per week? I trained legs Thursday last week and they were still sore yesterday. Chest does the same thing for me. It will be sore 3-4 days. The other stuff I can do 2x a week heavy and they really don't stay sore as long.

Keep in mind I'm 5'4" and 119 right now.....should I be jumping my calories up quickly, or gradually? I don't want to overdo it and cause more fat gain than need be. I'm not gonna' miss any questions here!!! lol I'm only doing this for 8-10 weeks so I can start cutting again before summer, so I need to hit it hard and heavy.
I think gradually increasing cals will be best for you, so you don’t start feeling too full, or sick to your stomach etc. But if you're hungry, by all means EAT, esp. with the different routine, heavier weights, etc…. you’re muscles will be hungry :)

Like the others, I didn’t have a set plan for increasing my cals, it just kind of happened. 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400 and on up. I may be able to establish SOME type of pattern if I look back at my logs (my personal ones, not the ones on EF, sometimes I may not have gotten a chance to update those as I did the originals).

I think increments of 200 is safe, and if you’re still hungry at the end of the day/week, that’s probably your body telling you, you need more food. Does that make sense?

I don’t particularly remember anything being TOO sore, except my hip flexors & upper leg muscles from sprinting. I used the hot tub A LOT.

*Bunny* said:
I think gradually increasing cals will be best for you, so you don’t start feeling too full, or sick to your stomach etc. But if you're hungry, by all means EAT, esp. with the different routine, heavier weights, etc…. you’re muscles will be hungry :)

Like the others, I didn’t have a set plan for increasing my cals, it just kind of happened. 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400 and on up. I may be able to establish SOME type of pattern if I look back at my logs (my personal ones, not the ones on EF, sometimes I may not have gotten a chance to update those as I did the originals).

I think increments of 200 is safe, and if you’re still hungry at the end of the day/week, that’s probably your body telling you, you need more food. Does that make sense?

I don’t particularly remember anything being TOO sore, except my hip flexors & upper leg muscles from sprinting. I used the hot tub A LOT.

I think it's mental, but I'm hungry today! I also forgot my albacore steak at home, damnit! So I'm trying to keep myself full with what I have here, which isn't much. I want my protein to stay right at 50%, and all the stuff I have here has too much fat in it to do that! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

SG, I don't know anything about bulking, but just wanted to send my best wishes as you start on this new phase. I'm excited to see your transformation and have no doubt you'll be able to meet your new goals with your determination and dedication. :bigkiss:

Roonytunes said:
SG, I don't know anything about bulking, but just wanted to send my best wishes as you start on this new phase. I'm excited to see your transformation and have no doubt you'll be able to meet your new goals with your determination and dedication. :bigkiss:

Absolutely what she said ^^^

:heart:

SG just wanted to give you my 2 cents on your increase in cals for bulking.

Please do it gradually, I did it by jumping up my cals right away and well I learned never to do it that way again. lol

You have you get those cals up, but do it in steps. :)

Good luck

Miss24k said:
SG just wanted to give you my 2 cents on your increase in cals for bulking.

Please do it gradually, I did it by jumping up my cals right away and well I learned never to do it that way again. lol

You have you get those cals up, but do it in steps. :)

Good luck
I was waiting for you ... ;)

Thanks, Roony & Mermaid!!!!!

Miss24k - that's what I was thinking. Somewhere between 200-500 the first week or 2 and increase as needed from there? I'm just so excited to EAT you have NO IDEA!!!! lol

scorpiogirl said:
Thanks, Roony & Mermaid!!!!!

Miss24k - that's what I was thinking. Somewhere between 200-500 the first week or 2 and increase as needed from there? I'm just so excited to EAT you have NO IDEA!!!! lol

:lmao: Oh I think I have an idea lol.

Yes that sounds good, start by increasing by 200 cals and see how it goes, and keep increasing from there. This way you won't blow up lol.

Now that you will be starting "your bulking" I'll pop in more often, since I know it's your first time :)

Miss24k said:
:lmao: Oh I think I have an idea lol.

Yes that sounds good, start by increasing by 200 cals and see how it goes, and keep increasing from there. This way you won't blow up lol.

Now that you will be starting "your bulking" I'll pop in more often, since I know it's your first time :)
Well, 2nd time - but first time doing it RIGHT! I appreciate your stopping in! I'm sure I'll be asking lots more questions!!! :)

I made REALLY good gains my first time (about 10 lbs of muscle - yah, I was tiny), but my diet wasn't as clean as it should have been. I'm thinking this time, I should get a better result with the help from "my girls"!!!! :heart: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom