Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Scirion Institute of Exercise Physiology????

I have a Masters degree in Ex Phys and I have four certs, CSCS, ACSM, Cooper and ACE. I may be wrong, but I think that qualifes me to have an opinion on the subject. Amica, I wouldn't brag about being an acomplished student still looking for a part time job to make ends meat.... honey!

Skillz1988 said:
Amica, I wouldn't brag about being an acomplished student still looking for a part time job to make ends meat.... honey!

MEAT = MEET

And there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with looking for a second job. I think it is admirable that someone actually wants to work harder to help themselves, rather than depending on others.

How DARE you suggest someone is less worthy simply because they need a second job. How judgemental and ignorant.

I value your opinion on the subject but I'm looking at it purely from an educational stand point on the format of the test....I could care less about the Exer Phys Part of it.

I have no reason to doubt your knowledge and I have never questioned it or directed anything personal at you. You chose to get personal and try to put me down which makes you look less of a person than you probably are. I never meant to upset you or insult you in anyway and if my post about this topic came off as insulting to you personally, than I owe you an apology.

As for the part time job...you try to go to school for eight years straight and pay off all your student loans. I'm done with my own schooling now and I still have a lot of part time jobs...I do PT, I coach, I teach two undergrad classes and I work full time at a hospital. I'm sorry if that makes me less of a person to you. I've never heard of someone wanting an extra job being a bad thing, but then again we don't seem to be on the same page anyway, so from here on out I hope we can just agree to disagree and move on.

Amica, unlike your buddy "Daisy Girl" you seem to be a nice lady. I obviously admire your dedication to the exercise fields and I don't think you're less of a person just because you are looking for work. It's only that earlier you appeared to be getting a little cocky and arogant because you thought you were talking to some silly trainer.
Daisy Girl, you have serious issues. You don't have to defend Amica, she's a smart EDUCATED woman who doesn't need a forumguard. You have made over 6000 posts! It is time you move on and do something else. 6000 posts! That is scary!!!!!! What do you do? Sit at the computer all day, everyday and spit your opinions on everybody who has something to say. You couldn't possibly be that lonely. SELL YOUR COMPUTER. You're obsessed!!

Skillz1988 said:
Daisy Girl, you have serious issues. You don't have to defend Amica, she's a smart EDUCATED woman who doesn't need a forumguard. You have made over 6000 posts! It is time you move on and do something else. 6000 posts! That is scary!!!!!! What do you do? Sit at the computer all day, everyday and spit your opinions on everybody who has something to say. You couldn't possibly be that lonely. SELL YOUR COMPUTER. You're obsessed!!

lmao, you are beyond pathetic. Ouch, my feelings are so hurt, wah fucking wah *sniff sniff*

Have a bomb on me.

Daisy I'm sorry you had to get involved with this. I for one appreciate your help, advice and dedication to this site and members. Its sad to see others take you for granted.

You are one of the most knowledgable people on this forum and we'd all be lost if it wasn't for your 6000 posts- lol :) We love you on here and trully appreciate your time, and thank you for backing me up on here.

I found this website conducting a search and plan on visiting other posts but in the mean while I had to reply to this thread. I have a Masters degree in Exercise Science from Baylor University as well as an undergrad in the same field from San Diego State. I have seen and evaluated many personal trainer certification programs and I believe that there are only three programs that actually provide real, smart and challenging exams for personal trainers (ACSM, Cooper and Scirion institute) If you believe these exams are tough or too difficult, then you should not be practicing fitness assessment and development. I have taken over nine fitness exams and these three are exactly what a fitness exam should be like. Difficult, complicated and intense. I have never and will never hire an ACE or AFAA certified personal trainer because in my opinion, the fitness field has passed them by.

BUMP-Anymore else have any opinions regarding Scirion? I'm thinking of taking a part time job proctoring their exams and being an instructor. I'm having a hard time figuring out the exact job description,etc--Thanks!

I have been researching them lately, and cant seem to find many positives, most are the same as this thread. I cant seem to even find anyone that knows who they are.

Top Bottom