Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy Round 2: Fit for Figure

OK - this is very sporadic, but I knew post show was goign to be. I haven't really been able to nail down a tight diet -- I've been doing competition-style diet for so long, I absolutely cannot eat like a normal person without a set diet schedule. I'm still up about 15 lb from competition weight and its all in my waist right now. I don't want to say I've totally tossed the diet, but I keep trying to run 2 days of low carb so I can complete 1 complete round of carb cyclign. Except I keep fuckign up the low carb days out of boredom I guess. It is SOOO hard for me to focus when I don't have a tight focused goal. Not to start whining, but I have almost zero balance in my life right now as far as I hate my goddammfucking job because I'm surrounded by institutional ineptness and lack of common sense structure & organization and I'm just too fucking old to be dealign with it anymore. So I've managed to basically keep myself busy at work by postign on the muscle boards all day. How f'd up is that??? O well -- as long as the paycheck keeps coming.... So as a result I lose it w/ my dietingn roughly once / day and I shovel something carb laden down the piehole and blow it again.

ARRRRRRGH......

Training has been pretty consistent except for a few times I just couldnt' get up early enough to make it in the morning. But I always made up the session after work. The cardio has been sporadic as well, but has been getting locked in a little better recently at 2x / day, resetting the time to 30 min each. Training in general has been focused much less on volume and all about shaping now. I can't say the sessions are "satisfying" like a good heavy ass, butt kicking, can't walk for the next 2 days leg day sort of thing. But the goal is different -- Figure comp. Basically carving out a toned girly-girl shape out of my current lump of mass (and fat). Diet and cardio will be key to dumping the excess, and the continual shaping will bring out the lines.

So... after listening to me whine about being bloated on a daily basis and gaining weight for 4 weeks, yesterday I got the first step of back-on-track dieting. A 3 day cleanse diet. It consists of:

Wake up - noon - fruit - as much as I want. -- Here I've got watermelon, strawberries, nectarines & peaches, granny smith apples, grapefruit.

11 am - 3 oz sweet potato (about 50 g carb)

12 noon- 32 g protein + ~ 1 c veggies

1 pm - 3 oz sweet potato

2 pm - 32 g protein + ~ 1 c veggies

4 pm - same

6 pm - same

8 pm - same

9 pm - bedtime - all the fruit I want

I put a twist on this after talking to a friend last nite who is very knowledgeable about nutrition. The protein & veggie meals -- 2-3 of these veggies will be juiced. For juicing I've got a $35 juicer (very messy but works) from Target that I use. I make 1 tall glass of juice out of:

- spinach
- beet
- carrot
- celery
- cucumber

All of the above is organic and I shove in all the leaves (e.g. carrots w/ the stem) and then add 2 tbsp of some Greens powder that I have for chlorophyll, etc.

I'm thinking I may continue to juice for the rest of the week for at least one of my protein + veg meals. Its just good for ya and certainly cannot hurt after running a very restricted, high-protein competition diet, and planning to go into another one right away.

Reality of this diet right now -- no I'm not hitting all the meals. I'm just not hungry. And since my trainign isn't really intense, I'm not burning the cals either.

Training: This is going to change as well to something like a 2 days on / 1 off split because I've been trainign basically 6-7 days straight, granted not really intensely, but still training + cardio. So there could be a certain degree of "under recovery" going on. Particularly w/ the cardio. The off days are probably going to be filled in w/ yoga or something of the sort. I'm very excited about this. The biggest reason I've been training every day is for the social aspect (at the gym) and to find some satisfaction in each day that I just am not getting at work right now. The off days with some sort of activity will still help fill in that void. Also sort of planning on doing some website development on the side to keep me off the streets.

So I guess a sample of today's entry is:

10-11:30 am: (woke up waaay late):
- 2 nectarine
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 bowl strawberries + splenda

* 12 noon- 1 pm* - train

1 pm - 3 oz sweet potato -- I think I got this in the wrong order, but I just grabbed it

* 1 - 1:30 pm - cardio*

2 pm
protien shake -- not sure about this on a cleanse diet either, but it was available...
juiced veggies:
- 4 celery stalks
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 beet + leaves
- 2 carrots + leaves
- 1 c spinach

4 pm
4 oz grilled buffalo
1 c green beans

6 pm
salmon & tuna sashimi -- I crave this stuff from Whole Foods (aka Whole Paycheck) Mkt
2 shrimp spring rolls

8 pm - 30 min cardio -- precor

8:30 pm
- (eek didnt' do the protein ...)
- 6 oz juiced veggies

9 - bedtime - tbd

Training: shoulders & bis
- 5 min treadmill warm-up - angle 11, speed 2.8
- warm up:
- step ups (no weight... "Its saturday" LOL): 4 x 30 steps
- squat bar presses (front 8 + back 8): bar / 8+8 x 4
- Superset (repeat 4 x):
- seated smith press: bar+40/12 x 4
- side laterals (hold 5 sec at top): 8/8 x 4 --> Note - left rotator is getting aggravated so doign 20 x 4 cable rotator exercises as needed
- lying front raises: 8/8 x 4
- lying reverse flyes: 8/8 x 4
- Drag & Pulls w/ EZ curl bar: bar+20/8 x 8

Cardio: 30 min regular bike

PM Cardio: 30 min precor
(BTW, thx to SuperQT for motivating me to go do PM cardio...!)

Last edited:
^^^ Great job Sassy.

I was waiting for you to bump this. Your log is for you to bitch and let it all out, us Ladies (& luciano) love you and got your back and support you. :verygood:

Sooooo, I guess you better STFU & start practicing those Quarter turns eh?

... :heart:

Sassy69 said:
LOL -- next big expense -- 1 piece suit + the shoes. I can hardly wait to get the shoes!
:) YAY new shoes... Hee Hee... *F.F.F.F*

Sassy Fit For Figure Fund...

Fffffffffffffffffff :)

YAY! :rose:

Well it's about time you got back to this baby ;)

I had thought about bumping this a few times, but I said nahhh let her enjoy her post-comp state....

Have you decided when the next comp is yet?

Miss24k said:
Well it's about time you got back to this baby ;)

I had thought about bumping this a few times, but I said nahhh let her enjoy her post-comp state....

Have you decided when the next comp is yet?

I think she's doing one the same day as me (Sept 24) in NC..... :coffee:

Top Bottom