Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy Round 2: Fit for Figure

Sassy69 said:
Aug 16 05 --

OK after thinking about it (i.e. not doing) for a while, I finally made a plan for a "sprint workout". I still haven't found a track / field anywhere around my house so I opted for my front door. Gotta watch this cuz I am prone to shin splints from yrs of track practice in the halls at my school (track starts in March, snow doesn't leave until June....). And just for a twist, coming from up nort', its now 77 degrees ,89% humidity as the sun is coming up. Yuk. Empty stomach run. I'd probably ralf if I ate & ran. Amazingly no side cramps or anything this morning :)

Below is the scene of the debauchery.

Workout: (mind you the last time I did this would be June, 1982....)

Warm up-- run the front stairs 10x (see stairs)

Sprints -- 10 x about 50 yrs --- up a slight incline (see road). (sprint up, walk back)

Goal is to run to the top of that hill 10x -- about 100 yds w/ a significant slope starting about 1/2 way up.

This is in addition to my usual 1-2 x 45 min low impact cardio, "warm ups" (4 x 60 walking lunges, 4 x 30 step ups, 50/40/30/20 weighted sissy squats w/25lb plate, 4 x 40 steps calf raises - walking on toes w/ 2 x 35 lb plates ) + the training session due joour (split: quads, shoulders + bis, back + hams, chest + tris) and posing.

Should be very interesting. I've had this thought in my mind that despite the size of my calves, the split is not going to pop out unless I add some sort of "slow twitch" training to my regimen because it is almost all power moves or steady state stuff. I will note however that those walking calf thingies are starting to show the split. Seems I hold alot of water in my calves as well.

I'm about 6 1/2 weeks out from show date.

Otherwise diet is on, training is on, probably slackign a bit on cardio, suits are on order, shoes are being practiced in, revamping my BB routine a bit for better presentation and just generally enjoying being able to start from the baseline of my last show instead of dealign w/ my natural fat deposits....

All I would ask for would be less humidity (Georgia in Aug ain't the time to start outdoor training...) and less chance of shin splints.
:heart:

Aug 17 05 -

Well.... I was ok last nite but this morning, OMG. Can you say SHIN SPRINTS????? My shins HURTTTTT! I may have to move my sprint schedule down to 1-2 x/ week to start & just see where it goes.

Stay tuned.....

Your sprint workout sounds like an awesome addition to your training. Sorry to hear about the shin splints. I also have the same problem. It really sucks because I enjoy running and definitely see results when I add running to my cardio schedule. I also had to run through the halls in high school for winter track practice. Do you think we really could still be seeing the effects of that? I have pretty much given up on running because of the nagging pain of shin splints. Let me know if you come up with anything that seems to help. Good luck. You really do always inspire me with your dedication and motivation.

LOL --- unfortunately this has been a problem since the early days and there isn't much I've been able to do over the years to deal w/ it.

Sassy69 said:
Don't hold your breath. I suffered from these when I was a spry 15 yrs old. 30 yrs didn't improve that.

Well I wish you told me this earlier!! I passed out for a good hour!! Sheesh!

LOL!

I"ll work with the sprints as my shins allow and also dependent on how my training morphs starting next week, entering the magic 6 weeks out phase....

Top Bottom