Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy Round 2: Fit for Figure

8/7/05

Weight is holding steady at 149 lb but I see daily changes in leanness - primarily around my waist which is nice considering the struggle I went thru to get to my first show. I'm seeing great delt cap due to my training and now I'm happy to say I've got a split in my calves. I've got humungo calves genetically but I also tend to hold a shitload of water in them. I don't even think they came out that great on my last show. This time around I'm 4 weeks ahead of the game.

Haven't started carb rotation yet, currently eating 2 meals of 50 g carb (russet potatos) and the rest chicken / steak + veggies (beans or broccoli). Supps are still Glucorell pre-carb meal, post protein meal is amino acids + digestive enzymes + fish oils + greens.

Today a bunch of us got tight on the posing schedule. At least 5 people are working on posing for BB right now -- including qtr turns, mandatories, 60 sec & 90 sec routines. Then I get to clop around on my figure shoes for 30 laps if the gym and then qtr turns. Today was fun as I brought my video cam and recorded the whole morning's posing session. It ends up being a custom "Posing for Dummies" tape. Now I gotta figure out how to get it onto CD to actually be useful to the posers.

I finally received both pairs of posing shoes off eBay -- they both work, but we'll see which end up being more comfortable for long term standing around in. Also dropped my deposit in the mail for new posing suits -- black "leather look" w/ crystals.

Hey Sassy! I was wondering...do you think the cleanse you did really helped you? And if so, how? I think I might try one.
Your pics look fantastic!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

The cleanse cleans you out. If you've never done one, you most likely have a couple lbs of compacted stuff in your colon. This just flushes it out. And because that stuff has been backed up in there, I imagine your body has some points where it doesn't process stuff as efficiently. It really helps just clean out "stuff". Run for 10 days.

Also helps if you start getting "backed up" -- sorry gross, but I've been eating nothing but chicken, steak, buffalo, turkey, fish, broccoli, green beans, russet potatos & occassional almonds for weeks. Because I don't have the enzymes & stuff that a variety of fruits & veggies provide to help shuttle out waste, I'm sure sometimes the whole system just gets clogged up.

Sassy69 said:
The cleanse cleans you out. If you've never done one, you most likely have a couple lbs of compacted stuff in your colon. This just flushes it out. And because that stuff has been backed up in there, I imagine your body has some points where it doesn't process stuff as efficiently. It really helps just clean out "stuff". Run for 10 days.

Also helps if you start getting "backed up" -- sorry gross, but I've been eating nothing but chicken, steak, buffalo, turkey, fish, broccoli, green beans, russet potatos & occassional almonds for weeks. Because I don't have the enzymes & stuff that a variety of fruits & veggies provide to help shuttle out waste, I'm sure sometimes the whole system just gets clogged up.

Very helpful. Thanks!!! I did something not tht long ago where I took a cup of unsweetened Cran juice and added it to a 64 oz of water daily plus took dandelion root, intestional repair complex, and One cup of water plus 1/2 lemon and drank it before breakfast and lunch.
It really seemed to help. I did it for about three weeks.

I might have to try yours. You didnt gain any weight from all the fruit?

I think I lost you on the fruit -- I ran a "cleanse diet" a few yrs ago and briefly ran one about a month ago gettign back on the wagon for competition. But no its not gaining weight on fruit - instead the total cals are fairly low and the carbs are all simple carbs so you digest them quickly. Further watermelon is a natural diuretic so you are dumping water like crazy.

The colon cleanse is something completely different. Its like using syllium and whatever is in that stuff to just roto-rooter your intestines. These are very different activities.

Aug 16 05 --

OK after thinking about it (i.e. not doing) for a while, I finally made a plan for a "sprint workout". I still haven't found a track / field anywhere around my house so I opted for my front door. Gotta watch this cuz I am prone to shin splints from yrs of track practice in the halls at my school (track starts in March, snow doesn't leave until June....). And just for a twist, coming from up nort', its now 77 degrees ,89% humidity as the sun is coming up. Yuk. Empty stomach run. I'd probably ralf if I ate & ran. Amazingly no side cramps or anything this morning :)

Below is the scene of the debauchery.

Workout: (mind you the last time I did this would be June, 1982....)

Warm up-- run the front stairs 10x (see stairs)

Sprints -- 10 x about 50 yrs --- up a slight incline (see road). (sprint up, walk back)

Goal is to run to the top of that hill 10x -- about 100 yds w/ a significant slope starting about 1/2 way up.

This is in addition to my usual 1-2 x 45 min low impact cardio, "warm ups" (4 x 60 walking lunges, 4 x 30 step ups, 50/40/30/20 weighted sissy squats w/25lb plate, 4 x 40 steps calf raises - walking on toes w/ 2 x 35 lb plates ) + the training session due joour (split: quads, shoulders + bis, back + hams, chest + tris) and posing.

Should be very interesting. I've had this thought in my mind that despite the size of my calves, the split is not going to pop out unless I add some sort of "slow twitch" training to my regimen because it is almost all power moves or steady state stuff. I will note however that those walking calf thingies are starting to show the split. Seems I hold alot of water in my calves as well.

I'm about 6 1/2 weeks out from show date.

Otherwise diet is on, training is on, probably slackign a bit on cardio, suits are on order, shoes are being practiced in, revamping my BB routine a bit for better presentation and just generally enjoying being able to start from the baseline of my last show instead of dealign w/ my natural fat deposits....

All I would ask for would be less humidity (Georgia in Aug ain't the time to start outdoor training...) and less chance of shin splints.

Last edited:
Sassy69 said:
Aug 16 05 --

OK after thinking about it (i.e. not doing) for a while, I finally made a plan for a "sprint workout". I still haven't found a track / field anywhere around my house so I opted for my front door. Gotta watch this cuz I am prone to shin splints from yrs of track practice in the halls at my school (track starts in March, snow doesn't leave until June....). And just for a twist, coming from up nort', its now 77 degrees ,89% humidity as the sun is coming up. Yuk. Empty stomach run. I'd probably ralf if I ate & ran. Amazingly no side cramps or anything this morning :)

Sprints -- 10 x about 50 yrs --- up a slight incline (see road). (sprint up, walk back)

Goal is to run to the top of that hill 10x -- about 100 yds w/ a significant slope starting about 1/2 way up.

This is in addition to my usual 1-2 x 45 min low impact cardio, "warm ups" (4 x 60 walking lunges, 4 x 30 step ups, 50/40/30/20 weighted sissy squats w/25lb plate, 4 x 40 steps calf raises - walking on toes w/ 2 x 35 lb plates ) + the training session due joour (split: quads, shoulders + bis, back + hams, chest + tris) and posing.

Should be very interesting. I've had this thought in my mind that despite the size of my calves, the split is not going to pop out unless I add some sort of "slow twitch" training to my regimen because it is almost all power moves or steady state stuff. I will note however that those walking calf thingies are starting to show the split. Seems I hold alot of water in my calves as well.

Otherwise diet is on, training is on, probably slackign a bit on cardio, suits are on order, shoes are being practiced in, revamping my BB routine a bit for better presentation and just generally enjoying being able to start from the baseline of my last show instead of dealign w/ my natural fat deposits....

All I would ask for would be less humidity (Georgia in Aug ain't the time to start outdoor training...) and less chance of shin splints.

Good luck!

Sassy69 said:
Aug 16 05 --

hey Sass- looks good! Im also prone to shin splits & achilles pain! Living in the hills, running can be bad news on my legs- stretching & ice seem to help :)

Top Bottom