Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy and other corprate types...

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Elite Moderator
Sassy I know that you work in the corprate world like me and I am guessing you sport power suits from time to time. I am just wondering what is the diffrence in your pant size to jacket size? I went looking at suits this weekend as I have big customer event coming up holy fack was it ever hard to find decent suit. Depend on the store my jacket would be anywhere from 1-3 size bigger then my pants or skirt. I feel in love with this calvin klien suit the pants were a size 8 fit perfect but the jacket was to small and there was no mixing and matching. :( I finally found something decent. I am glad I don't sport power suits every day what a pain in the ass.

Oh the good news is the size I was trying to put on my upper body seems to be succesfully. My BFF was with me shopping she is like how is your waist so small and your arms and legs so big. Even at my not so perfect state right now the X factor is still there.

I always find some good suits at Ann Taylor. You can mix and match there. I :heart: Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft for more casual stuff. :)

I consult in banks.. what i find is men want to see women in a skirt, and the more power, and authority they have, it's more important for them to be dressed as such.. You do not want to be showing lots of cleavage, that's not what i am saying, men need to be reminded that they are working with and for a woman, and to act not only with respect, but with morality...

just an observation.. also from the IBM book... dress for success in the business world.

Fortunately we are very casual, so no suits for me!!

jenscats5 said:
Fortunately we are very casual, so no suits for me!!
Day to day my office is pretty casual but for customer meetings etc it is dress to impress. Plus I am trying to get into managment so I don't think my cords and t-shirts are cutting the mustard image wise.

SpyWizard said:
I consult in banks.. what i find is men want to see women in a skirt, and the more power, and authority they have, it's more important for them to be dressed as such.. You do not want to be showing lots of cleavage, that's not what i am saying, men need to be reminded that they are working with and for a woman, and to act not only with respect, but with morality...

just an observation.. also from the IBM book... dress for success in the business world.
The suit I picked out for this event is a skirt suit. It is well fitted my ass looks fab in it and it is knee length so it is still very professional.

If you can not break the set - but larger and go to a seamstress.

I have wide hips a tiny waist and very long legs for bottom and very broad back on top - I fit in nothing, I never have and neither do my parents (it's truly in the genes/jeans LOL!!! )

Besides nothing beats a suit that fits - nothing scream cheap than an ill fitting suit and it doesn't matter how much it cost.

Welcome to my hell... I spent 3 weeks of frantic interview suit shopping prior to my interview in CA. Basically my pants size is 4-6, my skirt size is 4 and my jacket size is 10 or 12. I definitely have to go w/ the individual pieces to get those sizes - there's no way a 2 piece suit will work for me w/o ripping out the shoulders. I had luck at:

- The Limited
- Ann Taylor / Loft
- BCBG
- Antonio Melini or some pseudo Italian brand that they sell at Dillards

It is worth finding a good quality suit & spending the money if it is all-purpose. The Limited had this weird wool (I guess) travel suit line that you can literally ball up and throw in the suitcase and it is completely unwrinkled when you pull it out. I bought a size 4 skirt (loved the skirt), some kinda yuk side-zip pants and a jacket in blue. The color / print options were a bit picked over and they had like 5 different pants styles that I was able to wear sizes from 4 to 8 in depending. I ended up returning it when I just didnt' like the material.

After going through all that, I think a good basic black suit that has a fitted jacket that really works your body and pants / skirt option is a must. Its also nice to find somethign that isn't made of that weird stretch stuff that they sell in the Jrs dept as "hip" - i.e. polyester. Outside of that, I prefer to go w/ seperates - primarily because I have so much damn black that I like to find interesting jackets that let me add more pizzazz over black pants.

women can get away with accessories to make the same outfit look different..

guys have ties.. that's it..

Top Bottom