Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sacroiliac Problems

Thanks, Glads. I'd forgotten you suffer from hip problems. I will definitely try those stretches. I've noticed that the hip flexor stretch (I think of it as a yoga move actually) where you sit with knees out and have your soles together as close to your crotch as possible seems to help, though it hurts like the dickens when I first start it!

I am cautious about chiropractors since I've known so many people who go to one for one little problem and wind up with numerous revisits for other symptoms.

I have considered massage. An RN friend goes to a masseuse that she swears by.

It's funny. Tonight was legs and I did deads. I didn't up my weight, but didn't lower it either. I figured, well, if I feel so much as a twinge, I won't pull this. I never felt a thing with that or with pull-throughs. Yet, the darned thing was killing me all day. It really (to my layman's assessment) seems to be compression from sitting on my fat ass! lol I guess umpteen hours of being able to do nothing but sit in a chair and hack my lungs out did me in.

RDLs, GMs, deads, and squats - or any other exercise that works my hams - don't bother me either. Stretching does, though. And the splits. Breaking up the scar tissue with ART is gradually fixing it though - I just needed to quit stretching as intensely as I had been. Hopefully, by the time I need to get back into a serious stretching routing, my hamstring will like me again. :)

So if doing a specific stretch is hurting, I would advise against it. You may be making it worse.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Since the stretch only hurts initially and I feel better afterward I continued doing it.

Yeah, that's how my hamstring feels, too. There's an initial burst of pain, then it kind of dies down enough to stretch. Of course, I would then stretch it a lot - in every way possible, so the next time, the initial burst of pain lasted longer, the next time even longer, then I got to the point I couldn't stretch anymore. That's when I found ART.

Eek! Okay, you have convinced me to drop that stretch until this is over. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom