Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It's the holidays. How much fat will you gain?

Daisy_Girl said:
I am just a fat magnet right now, Turkey Day or not. ;)

One nice thing is that I can just eat, without stressing. I am going to gain no matter what. ;) lol
... yet another reason your avi holds true for me ...

Have a good one DG!

I am worried this is my first holiday, with my new change of lifestyle and dieting and exercising...I have been thinking about, just eating small portions, but not depriving myself. I have been working out extra hard this week, and I will actually hit the gym the morning of Thanksgiving, while the Turkey is cooking...So I don't feel so guilty, when I eat that night...

Last year I skimped on Turkey Day because it was before I found EF and only henpecked at the food, and didn't eat much of anything. This year , I will make up for it. If I go overboard, oh well, you'll see it in my scale weight as my body retains the water which I will then shed within the 3 days following Thanksgiving.

I will do my best to ...

- have only one piece of Pumpkin Pie and not the entire thing
- have only 2 scoops of pappa's secret stuffing and not 6
- drink only 1 bottle of wine, not 3
- Up my water intake, more than the 2 gallons I consume daily
- take my Glucorell & Sesamax although the only thing that will really help me is self-control

... I'll start with those

Happy Holidays everyone & Happy Thanksgiving to those that already celebrated last month . I was eating right along with you then too... :rose:

Last edited:
My fiance will be with me and his goals are mine also, so that will make it a little easier NOT to "graze".

I'm with Bunny, even if I DO screw up a bit, it'll be gone within 3 days, so I'm not going to stress too much about it. But I'll definitely try to keep to the whole foods and turkey - a sweet here and maybe there. My Sesamax will be on hand as will the water.

I know we'll have the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. I'm also taking shrimp coctail (that I still have to prepare) w/ homemade coctail sauce and a broccoli/cauliflower salad. I'll have plenty of healthy choices. I hope I can resist the fudge urge. My aunt makes homemade fudge, choc, pb, white choc and stuffs tins full! Crap....forgot about that! Well, better get the mind in deny mode now!

Have a safe holiday everyone! :RADAR :beer: :wavey:

Unfortunately (as far as the meal goes), on Turkey Day my grandmother is cooking...so I have no real choice in the menu. However, I will do my best to eat as healthy as possible, and not overdo it on the sweets. :p We might have another immediate family day...but we all eat healthy, so thats not a prob.

Lots of Glucorell and Digestive Enzymes! ;) Not to mention, I am working out LOTS this week to hopefully make-up for any "sinning" in what I might eat. :verygood:

I don't usually gain a lot of fat - I do bloat pretty bad and hold a lot of water for a few days my actual weight will vary about 8-10 lbs up and down but we're really only talking about three days over the course of 61 days that you'd be woofing down a fair amount of food.

You just have to make sure the sweets are out of the house when the celebrating is done.

I'll probably gain a few. I eat Candied Yams and my special Truffle two times a year (Christmas and Thanksgiving). I don't really see the point in denying myself to the extent that I don't eat my favorite holiday foods.

But then again - this has been a shitty month and my goal was blown long ago, so I figured a dish or two os sweetness won't hurt me that much. :p

I will probably gain 2-3lbs with the holiday parties and actual meals. I think most of it will be bloat. I plan to do more cardio in Dec to compensate for the additional drinking and eating, so we'll see how that works out. But any day that I am on my own not involving social interactions with friends will be a totally clean one and I will not indulge in all the snacks and desserts that will be brought into my workplace.

I don't think I will gain any. I'm sure I will get bloated from the carbs (I'm going low carb on Sunday).This my first Holiday Season as a member of EF, I have no desire to eat the way I use to around this time of year. This Thanksgiving, I made small batches of everything to avoid overeating and at the last minute decided to not bake any pies.

Jan. 1st, 2006 will be the first time ever, that I make goals to improve (i.e., more muscle) &/or maintain the work I did this year and not make goals to repair myself from the damaged I caused by overeating, overdrinking, and overstressing. Those first set of progress pics I took in my log are a reminder of where I don't want to be again.

To all the ladies ( :bigkiss: ) that remember me from the past: Progress Pics and a bump up of the old dusty log will be arriving on Dec. 1. I miss this place. Time to get it together. Bikinis come out in March/April and I want to be tight and lean by then and not make an excuse like "I will wait until they are on sale in June" (when I really mean, "oh, I have another 3 months") when the leftovers are on the racks (and I'm still not ready, lol). I've always wanted to wear a crochet bikini, next Spr./Summer . . . I will, oh, I will.

:rose: :rose:

Top Bottom