Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Running

kcap

do you find that running as your form of cardio blasts the most fat? well i should say jogging say at 5.5 mph and doing intervals of jogging a quarter mile power walking one vice vera . My coach said i should be doing intensity but i dont see as much results whats your views i am 5'6 155lb and 17 percent body fat if that matters

Definitely outside my knowledge base, but IIRC high intensity interval training promotes fat metabolization more effectively than lower intensity prolonged aerobic activity. In implementation this might be similar to what your coach is advising. Perhaps your CV conditioning now requires you to run (not jog) during your high intensity phase and jog during your recovery phase. When I used a similar sort of approach about 5 years ago I repeatedly sprinted full out for 30 seconds with 2-3 minute rest intervals.

The way it was explained to me was that while running may burn more calories immediately, that HIIT training and interval running will promote higher calorie burn over the long-haul.

RD

I started running about six months ago and it is the best thing I've ever done. I've never felt better and I noticed the fat loss right away. I've lost 60lbs within the last year and I wish I had started running a lot earlier lol... No you do not have to have a high intensity workout to lose weight but if you really want to lose weight fast it would be most beneficial for you to sprint towards the end, but make sure you walk it off. Good luck!!

Iwas never that into running due to shin splints, but i am doing a fun run 5 k on the 29th, so have been practicing for that and no joke I have lost some weight FAST without changing my eating habits.
Usually I did elliptical before, with high resistance, but never really found that as taxing as running.

Same! I don't even use the elliptical machines anymore.

Fortunately I've never had shin splints.. I think it's mainly because I stretch before and after.. and walk out after sprinting... I'm sure you already know this but what shoes you wear will also have a huuuuuge impact on weather or not you suffer from shin splints... Honestly I'm afraid I'm going to get them, everyone else keeps getting them and telling me how painful they are.... :(

Same! I don't even use the elliptical machines anymore.

Fortunately I've never had shin splints.. I think it's mainly because I stretch before and after.. and walk out after sprinting... I'm sure you already know this but what shoes you wear will also have a huuuuuge impact on weather or not you suffer from shin splints... Honestly I'm afraid I'm going to get them, everyone else keeps getting them and telling me how painful they are.... :(

So far this year I've had no problems *crosses fingers*
One thing I am doing differently is focusing on keeping a shorter stride and avoiding heel strikes, maybe that's why I am not getting them anymore.
Also pacing myself more rather than going balls to the wall in intervals.

Top Bottom