Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roxy's Offseason Experience

Roxy722

Well, I'm finally doing it...getting the new log up and going. It will sound ridiculous but I've had a bit of a mental block for getting this up. I think my self confidence and faith in my ability to stick to anything has been so badly shaken this year, that it seemed like putting a new program on "paper" would make it too real and just one more goal that I'd failed to accomplish.

Anyway, all that aside, I'm 10 days into a new program and have stuck with it and my motivation continues to increase and I'm feeling better about things.

I'm working with a guy out of California and he's someone I've gotten to know from another forum. He's a little bit older then me, which I like as he can relate to some of the "getting old" issues and has competed and won on a national level in the NPC. For me, it's about finding someone who can motivate and has the knowledge base and someone I feel I connect with.
I have the knowledge to do the basics myself but I'm the type of person who needs someone to hold me accountable and guide me through the tough times, so the offseason journey begins.

Details in then next post...

So in terms of timeline for the "offseason" I haven't really set one. I really want to compete in June but I'm going to take it week by week and see how I do. Putting the added pressure of a timeline at this stage will just stress me out. If I don't compete for another year or so, that will be okay.

My overall goal is to get to a place like Island Girl (you're my inspiration Tracy). I want to get lean and then maintain a level of leanness that is not that far off of stage levels.

So...the primary goal right now is to get some weight off but do it in a way that I don't lose my sanity and am able to stick to it. I stuck to the diet 100% and at my first week weigh in (on Tuesday of this week), I was down 6.6 lbs. My training is at about 70% and I've been kicking it up a notch this week.

The training program I have now is back in the 10-12 rep range and I have to admit...I'm missing the Max Ot. I've had to lower my weights down in order to do 10-12 reps. I really liked the feeling of lifting heavier even if it's only 4-6 reps. It's a mind game to have to drop weight back down.

I'll start logging my workouts again and all that good stuff. :)

Cool! Are you training with this guy online?

Yep..all online. His rates are reasonable too..about 1/4 of what I paid for 16 week contest prep for up to a year of offseason. Right now, weekly check ins, I did starting pics and I can email whenever I have a question or need to vent or anything like that. It will be my first online only training experience so will be an interesting experiment.

Top Bottom