Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roxy's Offseason Experience

Roxy...that is almost the same area I hurt the week before last week when I was doing db kickbacks. All I can think of is that I strained it during that exercise, but it did affect most of my workouts which is why I took 2 days off in a row last week. How long has this been hurting? I do feel your pain.

I've struggled with it for a few months...even with all the rest I've taken in the last couple months too. I might get it checked out. It's in the area I pointed out but it's really a deep ache...almost like the bone (even though that sounds ridiculous). It only hurts when I do the fly type movements so if it was a tricep, wouldn't it hurt on the tri exercises...and it doesn't.

Who knows! LOL it's a mystery! :)

http://www4.nau.edu/biology/bio201/images/arm1.gif

Ok...anatomy lesson for the day!! If you look at this picture....and the arm on the right, where the triceps are marked....there are 3 lines pointing to tricep muscles. The pain is in the muscle with the short line (the small line in the middle).

Anyone have any ideas as to what to do? or felt anything like this? Did I aggravate at some point and it's just never healed? There was no specific time when I thought, ouch I just injured myself.

Hey my gurl.
After the super highly detailed and techy explanation;):heart::cool: my advice is this.
Get a tennis ball.
Clear off the top of one of your kitchen counter tops.
Put the tennins ball between where you hurt and the counter top.
Apply pressure and roll the ball around the painful area by moving your arm around.
If you have questions feel free to PM me.
Prolly would not hurt to do your side delts too.
Also put the tennis ball between your upper back and the wall and do the same.
At first it will HURT:(. But the more you do it the better it feels.
What this is doing is helping you to get rid of adhesions in the muscle and facia.
Have fun:D.

Hey my gurl.
After the super highly detailed and techy explanation;):heart::cool: my advice is this.
Get a tennis ball.
Clear off the top of one of your kitchen counter tops.
Put the tennins ball between where you hurt and the counter top.
Apply pressure and roll the ball around the painful area by moving your arm around.
If you have questions feel free to PM me.
Prolly would not hurt to do your side delts too.
Also put the tennis ball between your upper back and the wall and do the same.
At first it will HURT:(. But the more you do it the better it feels.
What this is doing is helping you to get rid of adhesions in the muscle and facia.
Have fun:D.

LOL..glad you liked it!!

Thank you for the advice. You are so smart! :) I will try that tonight. My son loves to juggle things and I know we have tennis balls lying around. I'm going to have to read more about the "adhesions of muscle and facia"...what does that mean??

The facia is like a membrane that surrounds the muscle. Sometimes you places where the facia and the muscle kind of adhear to each other and that causes pain. At least that is my understanding of it. Maybe someone that knows more will post up.
But I can tell you that the tennis ball thing does work quite well. Pretty much the same thing as foam rolling except more spot specific.

The facia is like a membrane that surrounds the muscle. Sometimes you places where the facia and the muscle kind of adhear to each other and that causes pain. At least that is my understanding of it. Maybe someone that knows more will post up.
But I can tell you that the tennis ball thing does work quite well. Pretty much the same thing as foam rolling except more spot specific.

You know Zed, that's really interesting and as I've done a bit of reading about it today, really sounds like it fits. It would also explain why it doesn't feel quite like a muscle pull in the more traditional sense. I tried the tennis ball last night and it felt really good.

Thanks!! You are the BEST! :)

Silly gurl.......it always hurts when I do it. Oh but wait maybe thats cuz I use a hard rubber ball that I stole from the dogs......

The tennis ball sounds awesome.
I use use the foam rollers at the gym and I don't care how ridiculous I look rolling it around everywhere, it feels so damn good!

Well..time to get back at it. Hitting the gym in the morning. I was back on my diet today. I ate enough crap over 2 days of Christmas that I felt sick. It sure tasted good though! :)

Top Bottom