Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roxy's 8 weeks to normal log :)

Re: Start of week 3

LOL..I know...and I'm now driving to work in the dark too!! I just keep telling myself December 21st is the shortest day of the year and it's all uphill from there! You're east aren't you??

Thanks for the compliment!! Back is one of my stronger areas....the 120 is a new PR for me and was hard but I still got 6 reps off so thinking I'll try 130 next time!

I'm in Ottawa, you?
It's dark when I leave the house too :(

Re: Start of week 3

I'm in Ottawa, you?
It's dark when I leave the house too :(

Originally from metro Toronto area but I've been in Edmonton forever it seems...about 15 years now. I spent a couple years up in Northern BC (lived on mile 50 of the Alaska highway) though before coming to Edmonton and that was really crazy. It was almost always dark during the winter and only semi dark for a few hours a night during the summer. 2 years was enough though. Edmonton weather is bad enough.

Re:Tuesday, Oct 26

Tuesday, Oct 26, 2010

Leg day today

5 warm up sets

Leg press

180 - 6
200 - 6 (start here next time)

Squats

140 - 6
160 - 6 (start here next time)

Leg Curls

100 - 10
140 - 5
140 - 4

Donkee Calf Raises

400 - 10
400 - 10
400 - 10

Had a pretty good workout tonight. Felt good about my intensity and hit a few new PR's. I'm continually pushing myself and trying to see where my maxes are. Feels great!

I'm back to counting calories this week. Hit 1800 on Sunday, 2000 yesterday and will be at 1950 today. Since coming off my contest diet, I'm up 5 lbs and want to keep it there and continue to drop slowly over the next few months so....getting back on track.

My thought for the day....

"Do what you love, do what you have a passion for and life becomes so much easier."

Try and do one thing tomorrow that you love...my mini goal for the day. :)

Great log roxy. I hit you and trex up with a free comp plat on the house.... Need to take care of the woman around here....

Why thank you!!!
:rose:

Just a quick update...I took yesterday, Wednesday, as a rest day. Still fighting a bug and just wasn't up to the gym. Ate at maintenance. Had a great, restful evening. :)

Just a quick update...I took yesterday, Wednesday, as a rest day. Still fighting a bug and just wasn't up to the gym. Ate at maintenance. Had a great, restful evening. :)

Isn't it wonderful to listen to your body? I always feel so much better when I do, and keep balance in my life.
I'm glad you got some rest :)

Isn't it wonderful to listen to your body? I always feel so much better when I do, and keep balance in my life.
I'm glad you got some rest :)

Thanks! Yes....to be able to do nothing and not feel guilty about it. It's a rare thing but was sooo great! :)

Sunday,October 31

Well...this has been a bit of an off week. I'm finally over the bug I've been fighting, done my week of antibiotics and getting back in the swing of things. I think I slept for almost 12 hours yesterday. It was one of those sleeps where you wake up and aren't sure where you are or what day it is. :)

I hit the gym today and combined chest/ shoulders/ abs. I shortened each body part just to get moving again. I definitely noticed a slight drop in strength today and didn't hit most of my PR's from the last 2 weeks.

Chest

Incline barbell press (used smith machine)
5 warm up sets

60-6
70-4 (down from last week)

Flat dumbbell press

30's - 6
35's - 6

Shoulders

Standing barbell press
5 warm up sets

60-6
60-5

Side lateral raises

25's-5
25's - 6

Rear lateral raises - dumbbells

25-6
25-6

Abs
Cable crunches
5 warm up sets

180-6
160-6

Incline crunches

3 sets of 6 with 45 lb plate

Overall, a decent workout...I'm definitely feeling the burn!

My goal for the week is to get back in the swing of things...back into my routine and get my strength back up.

Happy Halloween everyone! :)

Top Bottom