Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rope jumping vs running as cardio slice

Sam_anta

Hi guys, I will start exercising again after having my first baby, while in pregnancy I gain about 12-15 lbs and I'm looking to get back to my normal weight before the baby, I would like to ask you between rope jumping and running with a proper diet which routine can give me faster results, and also being overweight rope jumping could put too much stress on my ankles and knee joints? thank you.

For fat burn you want to do low intensity steady state cardio.

Do whatever is easier for you, and also something that tracks your heart rate while you're doing it so you can keep it in a targeted range.

I usually suggest the treadmill, slightly fast walking pace at a very small incline. That should keep you around 115-130bpm.

all of the above. a female needs to be in a 300 calorie deficit daily consistently to see weight loss.

so exercise daily and eat properly. you might want to even consider intermittent fasting where you only eat 8 hours a day and cut off food for 16 hours straight

Any activity that gets you moving and increases your heart rate is an effective form of cardio. People love to think in things in a 'black and white' sort of way but cardio does not have to be on a piece of cardio equipment in the gym.

You could jump rope, go swimming, do a MMA class, go rock climbing etc. I actually encourage all my clients to do their cardio outside of the gym so they don't get burnt out and feel like they are in the gym constantly.

Honestly whichever you want to do that day then go for it. Any activity that gets your heart rate up can be considered cardio.

Top Bottom