Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roonytunes 2006

I didn't do too well with last night's "cheat liquid meal". Damages:
2 glasses of red wine
2 glasses of vodka/club soda
1 glass of vodka/cranberry
2 or 3 apple martinis
Then I had the munchies so I had a few bite sized deli sandwiches. Thankfully I couldn't find dessert or pizza at that late hour.

No more cheat meals till the weekend of Feb 10-12....that's my next weekend vacation.

We did take a cab though, IP, so I was safe. My friends who are supposedly staying over are nowhere to be found this morning.

Here's a pic from last night:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/ap5591/IMG_1114.jpg

Last edited:
Roonytunes said:
2 glasses of red wine
2 or 3 apple martinis
Then I had the munchies so I had a few bite sized deli sandwiches. Thankfully I couldn't find dessert or pizza at that late hour.

No more cheat meals till the weekend of Feb 10-12....that's my next weekend vacation.

We did take a cab though, IP, so I was safe. My friends who are supposedly staying over are nowhere to be found this morning.

WOW - RT, you sure do like your vodka huh? ;) :qt: I am so glad to hear that you were safe and had a good time. Great pictures BTW (I love your smile!!- heehee).

Now it is back on track for you missy until Feb 10th!! :velvett:

Roonytunes said:
2 glasses of red wine
2 or 3 apple martinis

Please tell me you're hungover. Not that I wish you ill but whenever I drink that much, I'm very sore the next day and I can never get over those people that feel no pain!

Oh, I love apple martinis.....

mermaid said:
Please tell me you're hungover. Not that I wish you ill but whenever I drink that much, I'm very sore the next day and I can never get over those people that feel no pain!

Oh, I love apple martinis.....

Yes, I was definitely hungover this morning. It turns out I may have had a few more cocktails than originally tabulated this morning that I just can't remember! :rolleyes:

It took me about half a day to recover. But I do have a lot of friends who can drink themselves into an oblivion and feel just fine the next day. In a way, I'm glad I'm not one of them. Even with hangovers, I have trouble with willpower and self control around open bar situations!! :evil:

Thanks for cracking the :velvett: on me, IP!

I broke both my 2006 resolves of drinking less AND not binging on my allowed cheat meals last night.:nopity: And the first month isn’t even over! :LockMe!:

Because of being hungover, I couldn’t run stairs this morning or get any studying done as planned. So I had a stern talk with myself today. I really need to learn to balance socializing with my clean eating lifestyle. I may impose a 3 drink limit on myself regardless of the occasion from now on if that’s what it comes down to and if I can’t adhere to that, I may have to eliminate alcohol completely! :sulk:

Sun, 1/29

Rest/Recovery Day

Scale weight: 122.5lbs

9:30am:
16 oz coffee
¼ cup skim milk
1 packet splenda

10:30am:
8 oz diet coke

Noon:
2 slices Ezeikal bread
7 oz cooked shrimp

2pm:
8 oz diet coke

3:30pm:
5 oz broiled salmon
steamed spinach
½ cup brown rice
8 oz diet coke

6pm:
8 oz diet coke

7pm:
3 oz cooked turkey
handful of green beans
¼ cup pecans

10 pm:
3oz cooked turkey
handful green beans
15 almonds

Totals: 1225 cals (75g carbs, 140g carbs, 41g fat)
Macros: ~25c/45p/30f

Thanks, Indyswife! Even after resting all day yesterday, I still woke up more tired than usual and was achy all day. A good time certainly seems to come with a price! :rolleyes:

Mon, 1/30

Scale weight: 124lbs

8:30am:
1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
1 cup liquid eggwhites
1 packet splenda and pumpkin pie spice for flavor

11am:
2 slices Ezeikal bread
1 small can tuna
1 tbsp greek yogurt

1:15pm:
2.5 oz spiced chicken breast
grilled veggies - eggplant, asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, hot peppers
2 brown rice cakes

3:15pm:
grilled veggies - eggplant, asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, hot peppers

4:30pm:
15 almonds

6:30pm:
1 tbsp ANPB

7pm: Upper body workout

Chest supersets:
1 x 12 (flys with 15lb & incline chest press with bar, no weights)
1 x 15 (flys with 15lb & incline chest press with bar, no weights)
2 x 15 (flys with 15lb & incline chest press with bar + 5lbs)

Back supersets:
4 x 12 (seated low rows with 55lbs & assisted pull-ups on gravitron with 100lbs)

Shoulders/bis/tris combo:
3 x 15 (seated shoulder press with 15lb dbs & seated bicep curls with 10lb dbs & full pushups)

I didn't have my usual energy. Felt drained so I decided to bail on cardio.

8:15pm:
PWO shake - 1 scoop whey mixed with 2 scoops powdered Gatorade

10pm:
1/2 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1 packet splenda and pumpkin pie spice
8 almonds

Totals: 1495 cals (120g carbs, 168g protein, 28g fat)
Macros: 35c/45p/20f

So, how do you like the cottage cheese Rooney? I had to give it up because it seems to be slowing my progress. Hope it works for you!

I just hope you don't become addicted like I did with the salmon... :p

buffalogal said:
So, how do you like the cottage cheese Rooney? I had to give it up because it seems to be slowing my progress. Hope it works for you!

I just hope you don't become addicted like I did with the salmon... :p

I do like the cottage cheese when mixed with splenda or peanut butter, but I'm still wary about including dairy in my daily diet. So I'm limiting myself to just a few servings per week for now to see how it goes.

I'm glad you're liking the salmon so much. It's one of my easiest meals to fix - I just broil it in the oven and it's ready in less than 10 mins. I also think being a fatty fish, it's rather filling.

Being the end of the month, I was reading through my log for Jan '06.

Workouts:
-Did very well with cardio keeping up to almost 5-6 days/week
-Did strength workouts 3x/wk consistently and seem to be making progress there

Diet:
-Took 3 cheat meals this month (1 small, 2 large). I'm okay with 2 of the cheat meals, but not happy about the alcohol binge on the 3rd one. I AM imposing a limit on my alcoholic beverages from now on. That definitely seems like a weakness I need to tackle.

-Ate well the rest of the days with cals ranging from 1300-1490, 20%-30% from carbs and 45%-55% from protein usually.

However, the body fat is still not coming off like it should. I think I am going to try switching back to the generic 30c/40p/30f diet again for Feb and see how I do with that.

Planned Feb cheat meal days:
Feb 10th (after 6pm), 11th & 12 (until 4pm) - conference in Miami
Feb 18th (after 6pm) - night out in NYC
Feb 21st (after 7pm) - 6 course birthday dinner for dear friend

If anyone has any other suggestions on what I could be doing to tweak my routine, I'd like to hear them! :artist:

Last edited:
Top Bottom