Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Right Calories And The Correct Amount

Newgrl08

In two days time I have noticed a jump up in 2lbs weight gain. I had two days last week of 'shocking' my body with one off day. (A very generous off day) and then a less refined day with higher carbs in the evening. I know this is bad so this could be why I feel I look a little pudgy, despite keeping the training on high reps and really pushing.

I think it comes down to calories and I'm trying to find one of those calculators online that helps you figure out specifically for your height, weight and goals how many cal/s to eat a day and the ratio's.

I'm 5'4" 140lbs. Trying to cut, lose about 15-20lbs and gain serious shape and strength. I don't want to bodybuild, persay but work toward my ultimate fitness level and athletic level.

Thanks!

How often are you weighing yourself?

There is a calculation for how many calories to eat in the useful thread sticky at the top, one of the bottom links, help to sort out your diet.

If you are on low carbs, and then have a cheat day you will weigh more, and most of it will be glycogen and water stores.

I do wish people would stop with this 'bad' thing, it isn't bad.

How about you say you are experimenting with your diet.

BTW, we are about the same height and I weigh more than you.

I am between 18-21% bodyfat right now.

I wouldn't focus on losing the numbers in 'weight', you want to lose fat.

I am of the opinion that anyone who trains with weights is actually 'bodybuilding' as it is building muscle. Muscle is what will give you the athletic shape you want.

I do think that women have funny ideas about bodybuilding as the majority of the media has been focused on female bodybuilders that use steroids, and are in competition condition, which is not a look that appeals to most people, male or female.

High reps will only keep the muscle you have, and increase endurance, it won't build muscle, and as women have less muscle, and we lose it with age, it is a good idea to focus on building some muscle as a part of your weight training routine.

Hey there!

I am really not here to answer your questions but to rather just share my experience. I had been in a battle with the scale for so long! Like, my whole life, lol. I think many American women can relate.

Anyway, I started really training hard on January 14th. Right away I gained weight and was getting so mad. I started out at 169 on 1/14. I decided to stick to my program which included one free day so far. I decided to quit weighing after being on an emotional rollercoaster about it.

So, this AM I weighed again and I am down to 161 in less than two weeks. I can tell you though, there was a ton of fluctuation there though but because I stayed off the scale I didn't feel bad about it.

So, for me, I will weigh every week BEFORE my "free" meal or else I will be stressing about the water weight that I will gain from it!

Molly

Thanks to both of you ladies!

You're absolutely right that us women think 'bodybuilding' means steroids and looking extreme. I will keep it up as I have no reason not to, really. What do I have to lose? Ahhh, fat! LOL

And you're right...I did weigh after a free day which was obviously silly. Oh the things we do to ourselves!

curvymommy said:
Hey there!

I am really not here to answer your questions but to rather just share my experience. I had been in a battle with the scale for so long! Like, my whole life, lol. I think many American women can relate.

Anyway, I started really training hard on January 14th. Right away I gained weight and was getting so mad. I started out at 169 on 1/14. I decided to stick to my program which included one free day so far. I decided to quit weighing after being on an emotional rollercoaster about it.

So, this AM I weighed again and I am down to 161 in less than two weeks. I can tell you though, there was a ton of fluctuation there though but because I stayed off the scale I didn't feel bad about it.

So, for me, I will weigh every week BEFORE my "free" meal or else I will be stressing about the water weight that I will gain from it!

Molly

STAY OFF THE SCALE PERIOD!!!!

Instead take progress pics or bust out the tape measure and pay attention to how your clothing fits. These are far more accurate indicators of progress and will NOT "mess with your head" the way the scale does.

I PROMISE YOU.

I found the same thing happening to me.
i'm 5'5 135lbs. I have been busting my ass @ the gym, following a clean diet( with a cheat day of course). and every week I step on the scale & not even a lil' movement in it!! I started getting really frustrated. I was under the impression that if I did'nt get my weight down to @ least 125, I would'nt be in good shape. SO WRONG!!!
Tat gave me some great advice & true to form, I am building muscle, losing fat.
My clothes fit much better, my posture is great & my clothes are fitting bigger.
I was in your shoes, until some good advice made me listen up.

* I'd rather be strong than skinny *

So true. And I guess when we're getting closer to our 'ideal' weight for our frame it takes longer. I have pretty big thighs and still want them to tone down. I know it's early so of course I won't see results over night but I've heard about this 'over-train' thing in one of the posts earlier. I read through it all but don't know if there was actually an answer to the question. What is over-training to make the legs more slender? higher cardio/jogging/biking and higher reps with squats, lunges, etc? Just curious. Mine are quite big, not like the other girls. They are about 23 inches around at the thickest part and I'm only 5'4 as I said. :worried:

localgirl said:
I found the same thing happening to me.
i'm 5'5 135lbs. I have been busting my ass @ the gym, following a clean diet( with a cheat day of course). and every week I step on the scale & not even a lil' movement in it!! I started getting really frustrated. I was under the impression that if I did'nt get my weight down to @ least 125, I would'nt be in good shape. SO WRONG!!!
Tat gave me some great advice & true to form, I am building muscle, losing fat.
My clothes fit much better, my posture is great & my clothes are fitting bigger.
I was in your shoes, until some good advice made me listen up.

* I'd rather be strong than skinny *

Top Bottom