Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

resting heart rate question

wanderlusty

hey guys, I've been checking my resting heart rate first thing in the mornings for the past few days. It has been 72 bpm which matches what it was a few years ago. This morning, it came in at 68 bpm though. Is it normal for it to fluctuate so much? I know that an elevated resting heart rate indicates susceptibility to sickness and perhaps overtraining. The only thing I can think that was differnet was that I only got about five hours of sleep, rather than my normal eight. I woke up on my own, however.

lusty,
are you taking RHR very 1st thing in am- before movement, water, food, no activity? for a full minute or multiplying? at the carotid artery?
just curious...

well I use my heart rate monitor.. i get up first to put on the transmitor and wet the electrodes, then I get a glass of water and sit down in front of the computer.. wait a few minutes until my heart rate is back down.

I tried taking it by hand immediately upon waking, but I could hardly feel anything (at the carotid artery) so I didn't feel I was getting an accurate count.

It's not adviseable to take it immediately upon waking. Sometimes, we wake suddenly, which can create a spike in the heart rate for a few minutes. You can have the heart monitor ready. It's best just to lay there and relax for 10-15 minutes. Take it and repeat every day for 3-4 days. Take average

Top Bottom