Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rest-Pause

B

BronzedGoddess

anyone use this in their workouts from time to time to shake things up? Did it result in increased strength or mass?

yep - both

pick a weight that would normally allow failure at say 6 reps...do 3 reps...rack it...rest 10 seconds...do 1 rep....repeat - might get 8-9 reps...

Thanks corn, I know how to do it, but does it work??? :) Is this more for strength or mass? TY

I have used it a lot. I like to do about 6 or 8 reps with the last one being the very last rep I can do in good form...then I put the weight down for 5-10 seconds and pick it up and try for another rep or two. I do this three times.

Dorian Yates used it a lot. Buy his book!

Be creful not to do it on all sets and in every workout because if you do you will over train. Use is once a week for a couple sets per body part.

You can get very good gains in muscle mass and strength using this technique.

I learned it from a VERY strong power lifting buddy of mine years ago. He would do lower reps most of the time but the concept is the same.

RG:)

I used this before and during my contest prep. Put on definitely a few lbs of solid muscle. Plus love doing those types of sets. Will continue to train like that because #1 you dont have to do so many sets and you still train heavy and to failure. Makes me more motivated to train everyday! :)

--IQ

Top Bottom