Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reducing fat building abs ???

chantalyee

[FONT=&quot]So, in my fight against loosing some weight (im about 141, looking to run down to 135 or so), i've been doing cardio 2 days on one day off (plus hockey thrown in), and lots of crunches (trying to go after that fabled sixpack
ead6aac1-5aee-4b30-aa6a-bb1bc70df475
). I know that more muscle mass leads to higher metablism/fat burning throughout the whole body. Now, my question is, to loose more weight/fat (i mainly wanna loose fat), do I just stick w/the cardio & the crunches? Or should i be doing resistance (such as bench press, bicep curls, military press, etc) in order to help burn that fat as well? Thanks for the help![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]**I've also changed my diet so hopefully that'll help!**[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

It sounds like you are on the right track. Obviously diet is key paired with cardio. Weight training can certainly help with bringing up your base metabolic rate too

cardio is good for the heart
crunches will tear down abs muscles and make them stronger
but if you want to lose fat it is DIET DIET DIET period.

you cannot just do crunches and ton of cardio and burn fat. this mentality i see in the gym is why people spin their wheels.

we also in the USA over exercise and over eat. the cookie cutters will tell you that this is okay because the exercise will burn the fat and things will even out. but this is wrong and it is bullshit lies put out by food companies so you keep eating shit and don't feel guilty about it. bottom line is you cannot do cardio for 2 hours a day and then go eat chipotle, chikfilA or mcdonalds afterwards and think 'hey i burned X calories so i can eat X calories' and lose weight. doesn't work like that. when you eat shit your body will still raise insulin and store fat to be used at a later time during a famine. so since you are never going through a famine your body will just hold that fat 'in case'. that is why calories in and out does not work and you will never out run a bad diet.

Top Bottom