Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

raw foods diet and weight training

jenks

Hi, I posted this on another discussion forum, but also wanted to see what the ladies here think:

I have been slowly but surely educating myself and cleaning up my diet over the past two years. With the help of a nutritionist, I competed in my 1st figure comp about 1 year ago. She taught me the importance of a diet comprised of clean eating. Since then I have started distance running and learning even more how to fuel my body.

The more I learn, the more I am against processed foods (including animal proteins and shakes and bars). I am seriously considering a raw foods diet. But coming from a figure background, I realize the importance of proteins for muscle repair and limited carbs when dieting down as well as the need for carbs for energy during running.

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding a raw food diet and weight lifting/endurance sports? I know there are vegetarian body builders, but they all seem to rely on overly processed food sources for protein. My goal is to maintain my lean muscle. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Top Bottom