x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

"strength standards" where do you stack up?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about "strength standards" where do you stack up? within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Every 'body' is different, I know. But I thought it would be a little fun. http://www.geocities.com/scufc/StrengthStandards.html

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    I came in like a lamb, but I intend to leave like a lion...

Talking "strength standards" where do you stack up?

Every 'body' is different, I know. But I thought it would be a little fun.

http://www.geocities.com/scufc/StrengthStandards.html

BronzedGoddess
    Cool site: Well lets see....at my best I think I would have squatted in the advanced category, but I've never done a 1RM before so I'm assuming if I could squat 225 8xs I could do 260 once, but I'm not certain. I bench in the Intermediate category and I don't deadlift (bad i know-but i dont know how to keep the bar from scraping my shins) and I don't do overhead presses.

Interesting. I don't do 1RMs either, so it's hard to tell. Definitely advanced for deadlift (375 lbs.) - that's the only one I've ever done a 1RM on though. Maybe if I had a spotter, I'd actually try 1RMs...

haha haha I am not even close. But then, I never expected to be. I'll get there, though!

Originally posted by BronzedGoddess
    I don't deadlift (bad i know-but i dont know how to keep the bar from scraping my shins)
    you don't...at least I don't! I even have a real nice bruise on my knee that is a constant reminder of how much I really love DLing!

Muscle Pimp
    Interesting link. I'm gonna guess you probably know where I hit.

For ladies that train for strength, or train without neglecting strength, I think that even the Elite numbers (the numbers required to reach the top level in powerlifting) are low. It seems so much easier to reach Elite as a woman than as a man. Seems strange to me that Project and Hannibal will spend YEARS getting to Elite.

Requirements to reach "Elite"

Good Broly
    I don't deadlift (bad i know-but i dont know how to keep the bar from scraping my shins) and I don't do overhead presses.
    sumo deadlift

Mmm, and I'm sorry to say I'm still a beginner in most lifts, except for standing press (intermediate)? (this IS the thing from the shoulder, isn't it ???) Well I've only been lifting for 5 months, so not very strange

I came in like a lamb, but I intend to leave like a lion...
    JJ - at the top of the page, they have the "formula" for folks that don't do 1RMs.

At my weight (210) I'm below beginner on all the lifts. It's humbling to see that I bench-press like a 130-lb beginner! But I have this chart (and the USPF one) bookmarked because its also inspirational - I can be so much stronger!

I'm finally getting my $hit together and if I meet the goals I set for myself in 2003 I'll either be an off the charts beginner at my current weight or an "intermediate" at a lower weight. I think the second sounds a bit nicer...

Spatts - are you elite yet? If not, how many more lbs do you have to go? I know you're trying to drop to a lower weight category for your next comp.

Muscle Pimp
    Originally posted by makedah

Spatts - are you elite yet? If not, how many more lbs do you have to go? I know you're trying to drop to a lower weight category for your next comp.
    I need 1053 lbs to be Elite in the 181 weight class. I'm aiming for 1085 lbs. at the St. Louis comp. We'll see what happens.

I don't deadlift (bad i know-but i dont know how to keep the bar from scraping my shins) and I don't do overhead presses.
    *gasp!*

j/k

Bar should always scrape the shins on deads; however, if you find this unacceptable, you can try DLing with a diamond (trap) bar. It puts a little more emphasis on the legs and a little less on the back, but at least you'll get a form of DLing in -- and you won't have to scrape your shins doing it...