Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"strength standards" where do you stack up?

Wow, old thread!

I will be competing in the IPA World Championship in 4 weeks. I will be training at Westside this Friday, hoping to get some last minute help with my squat from the big dawgs, and then I'm training with the Metal Militia Crew in PA this Saturday to get some last minute bench help too. So, projections would be kinda hard at this point.

I'll be competing as a 198, which means I will need 1168 to total Elite as a Pro in the IPA. I will probably open with a 360 squat, 250 bench, and a 385 deadlift. My 2nd and 3rd attempts are still up in the air. I try to go for a 10 pound PR on my second attempt, and go for broke on the 3rd attempt. We'll see....

:)

Good luck, Spatts!

As far as myself, I'm coming back from a set back (not an injury, just schedule and sloth issues). But I'm a lot smarter this time around and thanks to muscle memory, I won't be starting from scratch.

Thanks, Makedah, and good luck with your comeback. Keep us posted!

Speaking of strong chicks, there is a woman on the boards who lifts as much (or more) than me, and weighs about 40 pounds less. Maybe she'll stop in and tell you about her numbers. ;)

If I recall correctly, she has a 405 squat, a 220 bench, and a 435 deadlift @ a bodyweight of 148. Incidentally, she's also a sweetheart and drop dead gorgeous (yeah, yeah, yeah...icing on the cake).

Check her out: www.rebeccaphelps.com a.k.a. Bigguns15

Aww, thanks :) Yep, those are my numbers. I'm going on 8 years powerlifting now. My next comp will be in October. I'll be gearing up for Women's Nationals in January. It's gonna be cold one in Nebraska next year!

Spatts, keep us posted on how your training for the meet is going. I know you're gonna move some serious weight! :D

Thanks for the encouragement, Spatts.

bigguns - (Isn't that the name of the tittie mag Al Bundy read? :D) I've visited your site, you're amazing.

The ladies here are so inspirational!

Hey Bigguns! I didn't realize you are an USAPL lifter - very impressive lifts!

I feel so weak now...

Aww ... That's so sweet ... the BB's/figures oohing over how STRONG the PL's are, and the PL's telling the BB's/figures how GORGEOUS they look :)

But I agree on both counts! BG, WOW, I would LOVE to watch those lifts - I've had the privilege of watching some PL's prep for an upcoming comp., and it's somehow .. I ounno - it just gives me this weird sense of satisfaction when they complete the lift.

And JJ - you DO look utterly gorgeous :)

As for stackig up in strength, - well, I just like to stand next to the stack and hope my height covers for my lifts :)

Top Bottom