x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

"strength standards" where do you stack up?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about "strength standards" where do you stack up? within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Every 'body' is different, I know. But I thought it would be a little fun. http://www.geocities.com/scufc/StrengthStandards.html

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Muscle Pimp
    Hm...the bar has never scraped my shins.

BronzedGoddess
    Originally posted by THeMaCHinE

*gasp!*

j/k

Bar should always scrape the shins on deads; however, if you find this unacceptable, you can try DLing with a diamond (trap) bar. It puts a little more emphasis on the legs and a little less on the back, but at least you'll get a form of DLing in -- and you won't have to scrape your shins doing it...
    Thanks for that info. Natty anabolic told me I could use shin guards like soccer players have.

Question for y'all. If done correctly do deadlifts put much strain on the lower back? My SI joints are shot to hell. These 2 pregnancies have really messed my back up. I can squat without any problem but I'm worried about the bending over with deadlifts.

Oh and I'm talking about deadlifting After the baby is here I'm not that hardcore hehe

BronzedGoddess
    Originally posted by spatts
    Do you by anychance have one of those clips of you deadlifting like the ones you did for your squat?

Muscle Pimp
    405 lb Deadlift

The bar should be as close to the body as possible, and I would say that if the bar were even a millimeter closer to me it would scrape my shins. It's not necessary for a good deadlift though.

Originally posted by spatts
    Really?!? You don't start the lift with the bar in contact of your lower legs?

BronzedGoddess
    Thanks Spatts, now I just have to wait for it to finish downloading. My computer is sooooooo slooooooooooow!

BronzedGoddess
    DAYUM SPATS! I'm scared of you! You lifted that like it was nothing. Have you put more muscle on your legs? They look like tree trunks. Oh I can't wait to have this baby. That was so motivating I'm getting misty eyed.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Wow Spatts that was amazing. You are very lucky to have a large group of people to motivate you. Good luck meeting your goals.

love

Muscle Pimp
    Machine, yeah, I start out with the bar against my shins, but once I pull it, that's the last time it's touching my legs until it's past my knee.

BG...thanks. I think my legs have actually lost some size from getting leaner. Maybe the camera really DOES add 10 pounds! Yeah...that's what it is.

Lovemymuscle...you're so right. The guys I train with, the Okies, the Springfield boys, our crew, etc., they are SO supportive. I wouldn't be doing as well without them around.

For the record, I didn't mean to throw the weight down at the end of that lift. It slipped out of my burning hands. Kinda look like I had a 'tude.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Spatts, what kind of wrist wraps do you use? I have a really weak left wrist due to a break last year. They tend to give on me when doing DL or Curls etc.

thanks

love