Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"strength standards" where do you stack up?

THeMaCHinE said:

*gasp!*

j/k

Bar should always scrape the shins on deads; however, if you find this unacceptable, you can try DLing with a diamond (trap) bar. It puts a little more emphasis on the legs and a little less on the back, but at least you'll get a form of DLing in -- and you won't have to scrape your shins doing it...

Thanks for that info. Natty anabolic told me I could use shin guards like soccer players have.

Question for y'all. If done correctly do deadlifts put much strain on the lower back? My SI joints are shot to hell. These 2 pregnancies have really messed my back up. I can squat without any problem but I'm worried about the bending over with deadlifts.

Oh and I'm talking about deadlifting After the baby is here :) I'm not that hardcore hehe

spatts said:
Hm...the bar has never scraped my shins.

Do you by anychance have one of those clips of you deadlifting like the ones you did for your squat?

405 lb Deadlift

The bar should be as close to the body as possible, and I would say that if the bar were even a millimeter closer to me it would scrape my shins. It's not necessary for a good deadlift though.

Thanks Spatts, now I just have to wait for it to finish downloading. My computer is sooooooo slooooooooooow!

DAYUM SPATS! I'm scared of you! You lifted that like it was nothing. Have you put more muscle on your legs? They look like tree trunks. Oh I can't wait to have this baby. That was so motivating I'm getting misty eyed.

Machine, yeah, I start out with the bar against my shins, but once I pull it, that's the last time it's touching my legs until it's past my knee.

BG...thanks. I think my legs have actually lost some size from getting leaner. Maybe the camera really DOES add 10 pounds! Yeah...that's what it is. ;)

Lovemymuscle...you're so right. The guys I train with, the Okies, the Springfield boys, our crew, etc., they are SO supportive. I wouldn't be doing as well without them around.

For the record, I didn't mean to throw the weight down at the end of that lift. It slipped out of my burning hands. Kinda look like I had a 'tude.

Spatts, what kind of wrist wraps do you use? I have a really weak left wrist due to a break last year. They tend to give on me when doing DL or Curls etc. :(

thanks

love

Top Bottom