Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Shaping" your body

Wow Cheetarah,
I wish I could eat 2000 cals. I eat 6 meals a day and have around 1300 cals and am only seeing very minor results.

I can't wait until I can see my "skinny" legs :) They look pretty big to me now (he, he).

I guess as the diet starts working and the fat comes off I will finally stop complaining about my big a$$ and legs!

I know I'll be able to up my calories soon.
Right now I have to get my LBM up so that my muscle can speed my metabolism.

I know it'll happen.
I'm just learning to be patient!

It's not the only lesson you and the other ladies have been teaching me Spatts! :D

You've been more than patient with me!

Thanks again

spatterson said:
I'm cutting fast on that many cals too. Food fuels the fire. Just have to know which fuels work best for you. :)

EXACTLY. Spatts, I think you are the only other woman I've met so far that is dieting and HASN'T cut her calories too much! It's more WHAT you eat, than it is how MUCH you eat. I'm sure I wouldn't be having near the success I have if I was eating sugar in my diet.

I also think that besides my genetics, that is one reason why I've always carried relatively more muscle mass than a lot of women, I've never had a problem eating! LOL. My parents used to actually worry about me getting fat cause I've always ate so much but I kept active so I think all the food and activity actually helped me gain more muscle mass than the majority of females. Probably more has to do with genetics but hey, it sounds good. :D Bottom line, I've never had a problem with not eating enough, I've always been able to "put it away", hehe. So as long as I continue to gain muscle and lose fat, I'll keep on my same diet. :)

I'm working on finding the right combo too.

It's all a big experiment. That's why I'm learning to be patient.

Rather than get frustrated that something's not working, I'm trying to look at it as I've eliminated another way that is not productive for me, so I'm getting closer to finding something that works.

I'm just trying to stay on a program at least a few weeks before evaluating it though so I can truly see any differences.

It'll come!!!
I know, I know!

spatterson said:
I remember MS saying one time that it was all about finding out how much you could get away with eating while still losing fat.

Yeah, that sounds about right, I think that's what I've been doing all along. Sure works better than starving or driving yourself crazy trying to stick to something too drastic.

ye i used to think ide get somewhere by eating less than 1500cals a day. since eating more ive never felt better, trainer harder and looked more cut.

think theres something there to think about...

i used to be seeeeeeriously phobic of carbs, i thought i was the exception to the rule when it came to carbs, now i know better

hookdup said:
I know I'll be able to up my calories soon.
Right now I have to get my LBM up so that my muscle can speed my metabolism.

I know it'll happen.
I'm just learning to be patient!

Sweetie, I hate to rain on your parade, but as far as I know, you're not going to gain any LBM on 1300 calories per day. You have an amazing attitude, and an apparent will to work, but right now the most you are doing is cutting fat, along with some muscle, since that's unavoidable when cutting and natural.

To gain LBM you need to eat MORE than your maintenance. You gain some fat, too, but this can be managed by cycling carbs at higher levels.

Cheetarah - great job. I'd love to do something like what you're doing, but frankly, I don't think I could stick to even somewhat reduced cals for any longer than I absolutely have to. I LOVE the relative freedom of a mass gaining diet - and I'm REALLY looking forward to getting back on one someday ...

And Spatts - well, Spatts, you know I am greatly in awe of you.

I'm cutting fairly steadliy right now on 2000 cals a day - and I might add that a bunch of those are carbs - I'm like an animal in the gym! :D

Originally posted by hookdup Right now I have to get my LBM up so that my muscle can speed my metabolism.

You're right Steel!
I guess what I should have said is I want to lower my body fat so that a have a higher LBM percentage.

I know that means I won't actually have a lot of muscle gain.

I'm kinda doing it backwards I guess. Cutting and then bulking. I want to get my body fat down and then I'll raise my calories.

Believe me, I would raise my calories right now if I could.

I'm trying this method right now, and needless to say am doing weights and cardio and will stay with this for a few more weeks to see if it works. ... and I'll take it from there.

Thanks for all your help. I'm learning sooo much!

I'm kinda doing it backwards I guess. Cutting and then bulking. I want to get my body fat down and then I'll raise my calories.

Thanks for all your help. I'm learning sooo much! [/B][/QUOTE]

hey sweetie...from experience that exactly what NOT to do. i tried that last year..and all these girls yelled at me for doing it. I wanted to get cut so bad, i thought they didnt understand.
but u hhhhave to do it the other way around. dont bulk crazily, no need for 12 hambergers everyday or nething like that...but once uve built muscle fat will drop.

more food=more muscle=increase metabolism=burn fat.

Top Bottom